OptumCare is seeking a Network Medical Director to join our team in Draper, UT. You will have the opportunity to drive measurable and meaningful outcomes in the Salt Lake City Market with other clinicians and members of the team. You will be responsible for improving the quality, efficiency and experience of medical care in the market, communicating with network physicians and cooperatively leading the provider network.
- This role requires regular travel and virtual interaction within the Salt Lake City market, to develop and maintain collegial relationships with contracted providers in efforts to support the business efforts of the organization by improving care quality and efficiency.
- Lead an education team comprised of an APC and clinical coders.
- Serve as a collegial resource to network physicians.
- Collaborate with network managers to advance healthcare transformation to a value-based reimbursement model amongst independent and employed physician groups.
- Set and manage goals related to clinical documentation accuracy with attention to accurate and compliant risk adjustment.
- Support efforts to improve patient experience.
- Collaborate with efforts to improve healthcare quality.
- Provide per-to-peer education on trends and principles in evidence-based care.
- Support relevant patient-centric goals around medical management and care efficiency.
- Provide additional support if needed in Clinical Coverage Review if needed.
What makes an OptumCare organization different?
- Providers are supported to practice at the peak of their license
- As one of the most dynamic and progressive health care organization in the country, Optum consistently delivers clinical outcomes that meet or exceed national standards
- We promote a culture of clinical innovation and transformation
- Proponents of the Quadruple Aim initiative
- We are influencing change on a national scale while still maintaining the culture and community at our local organizations
- Competitive salary with bonus potential
- Med/Den/Vis, STD, LTD, 401k with match
- Professional Liability and Tail Coverage
- Stock Purchase Option/Executive Savings Plan
- Physician Partnership Program
- Relocation Assistance
- M.D. or D.O.
- Active, unrestricted Utah Medical License
- Current Board Certification in ABMS or AOA specialty
- 2+ years of experience as a physician leader and or trainer/mentor
- 5+ years of clinical practice experience post residency
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Strong understanding of and concurrence with evidence-based medicine (EBM) and managed care principles
- Supervisory skills, including clinical mentoring and coaching expertise preferred
- Project management background is a plus
- Team player and strong teambuilding skills
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent presentation skills for both clinical and non-clinical audiences
- Experience as a practicing physician in value based and/or Global Risk Model
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.