MHM, a progressive leader in the dynamic field of correctional healthcare, invites you to learn more about the fastest-growing segment of health care. As one of the largest employers of correctional healthcare professionals in the nation, MHM is always looking for dedicated individuals who aspire to have a career which is both professionally and personally rewarding. MHM provides a career path that leads to greater balance and less stress in your day to day life. Correctional healthcare allows you to utilize your clinical skills and deliver medical services to a diverse population of medication-compliant patients while having a positive impact on an underserved population. Join the Correctional Medicine community and start enjoying regular day hours and no evenings or weekends.
MHM Services, Inc. in partnership with the New Hampshire Dept. of Correction, offers a full-time opportunity for a Board-Certified, Statewide Medical Director to oversee primary care at three facilities: Concord, NH male and female facilities, and Berlin, NH. (2,550 patients) Work with MHM staff who are mission oriented, multidisciplinary team of physicians, dentists, psychiatrists, NPs, nurses, social workers and other health care providers all committed to providing comprehensive, high quality care to the underserved.
The Statewide Medical Director will work M-F, 40 hours, and is responsible for 60% Admin - 40% Clinical direct care. You will supervise 9 employees consisting of MDs, NP, RNs addressing clinical conditions of both acute and chronic illness by means of detailed histories, physical exam, and interpretation of laboratory data, diagnosis and appropriate treatment planning for patients. Role oversees approximately 2,550 patients. Additionally, Director will communicate and collaborate with the members of the multidisciplinary team of professionals. Mentor and evaluate the team-delivered utilization management process. Promote the culture of quality medical care using evidence-based standard of care. Establish directives, provide direction and/or attend the following committees/groups: Continuous Quality Improvement, Infection Prevention and Control, Pharmacy and Therapeutics, and Utilization Management. Serve as the contract’s provider resource, clinical and medical management leader, and clinical outcomes driver. Participate in shared call roatation.
Other duties include:
- Provide comprehensive medical direction to meet service delivery requirements of the client and in collaboration with the VP of Operations.
- Counsels patients on preventative care, medical problems and use of prescribed treatment; timely documentation.
- Interviews and trains new medical staff. Ensures treatment plans and the continuity of care for patients.
- Complies with policies and procedures of MHM and NHDOC
- Interacts well with nursing staff, other doctors, DOC staff and mental health staff.
- Company Paid Malpractice Coverage
- Competitive Guaranteed Compensation
- PDO plus paid holidays
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- CEU benefits
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible spending accounts for health and dependent care
- Activity wellness subsidy
Board Certified MD/DO: primary care, urgent care, emergency care exp.
Active, non-restricted DEA
Excellent communication skills successfully managing a team
Excellent leadership skill set
NH Medical License in good standing, or pending
Background check and credentialing approval