Humana’s Primary Care Organization is one of the largest and fastest growing value-based care, senior-focused primary care providers in the country, operating over 175 centers across eight states under two brands: CenterWell & Conviva. Operating as a payor-agnostic, wholly owned subsidiary of Humana, our centers put the unique needs of seniors at the center of everything we do. Our Clinics offer a team-based care model where our physicians lead a multi-disciplinary care team supporting patient’s physical, emotional, and social wellness.
At CenterWell Senior Primary Care, we want to help those in the communities we serve, including our associates, lead their best lives. We support our associates in becoming happier, healthier, and more productive in their professional and personal lives. We promote lifelong well-being by giving our associate fresh perspective, new insights, and exciting opportunities to grow their careers. Our culture is focused on teamwork and providing a positive and welcoming environment for all.
The Primary Care Physician (PCP) works as a lead in our team-based care environment. We are a value based care provider focused on quality of care for the patients we serve. Our care team consists of Doctors, Advanced Practice professionals, Pharm D, Care Coach Nurses, Medical Assistants, Behavioral Health, Specialists, Quality Based Coders, Referral Coordinators and more. Our approach allows us to provide an unmatched experience for seniors. Our model is positioned to provide higher quality care and better outcomes for seniors by providing a concierge experience, multidisciplinary services, coordinated care supported by analytics and tools, and deep community relationships. This robust support allows our PCP to see fewer patients and spend more time with those they do.
- Evaluates and treats center patients in accordance with standards of care.
- Follows level of medical care and quality for patients and monitors care using available data and chart reviews.
- Assists in the coordination of patient services, including but not limited to specialty referrals, hospital and SNF coordination, durable medical equipment and home health care.
- Acts as an active participant and key source of medical expertise with the care team through daily huddles.
- Helps Regional Medical Director and Center Administrator in setting a tone of cooperation in practice by displaying a professional and approachable demeanor.
- Completes all medical record documentation in a timely manner working with a quality- based coder to optimize coding specificity.
- Follows policy and protocol defined by Clinical Leadership.
- Meets with RMD about quality of care, review of outcome data, policy, procedure and records issues.
- Participates in potential growth opportunities for new or existing services within the Center.
- Participates in the local primary care “on-call” program of CenterWell as needed.
- Assures personal compliance with licensing, certification, and accrediting bodies.
- Spend 100% of your time clinically focused on direct patient care, inclusive of patient facing time and general administrative time (charting, meetings, etc.) as it relates to direct patient care.
- Current and unrestricted medical license or willing to obtain a medical licenses in state of practice; eligible and willing to obtain licenses in other states in the region of assignment, as required
- Graduate of accredited MD or DO program of accredited university
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate a high level of skill with interpersonal relationships and communications with colleagues/patients
- Fully engaged in the concept of “Integrated team based care” model
- Willingness and ability to learn/adapt to practice in a value based care setting
- Superior patient/customer service
- Basic computer skills, including email and EMR
- This role is considered patient facing and is a part of our Tuberculosis (TB) screening program. If selected for this role, you will be required to be screened for TB
- Board Certification or Eligible to become certified (ABMS or AOA) in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine or Geriatric Medicine preferred
- Active and unrestricted DEA license
- Medicare Provider Number
- Medicaid Provider Number
- Minimum of two to five years directly applicable experience preferred
- Experience managing Medicare Advantage panel of patients with understanding of Best Practice in coordinated care environment in a value based relationship environment
- Knowledge of Medicare guidelines and coverage
- Bilingual is a plus
- Knowledge of HEDIS quality indicators
- Guaranteed base salary + quarterly bonus
- Excellent benefit package – health insurance effective on your first day of employment
- CME Allowance/Time
- Occurrence Based Malpractice Insurance
- Relocation and sign-on bonus options.
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Minimal Call