Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
Internal Medicine Program Director needed in Plantation, FL (SA197157)
The Stembridge Agency, LLC
This southeast Florida regional health system is seeking an Internal Medicine Program Director to lead the hospital in the development and implementation of a new ACGME Internal Medicine Residency Program in Broward County. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced, motivated leader to have input on building a program from the ground up.
• Must be Board Certified in Internal Medicine or an Internal Medicine Sub specialty
• Must have practiced in Internal Medicine or an Internal Medicine Sub specialty for a minimum of 3 years
• Must have 5 years faculty ACGME IM Residency experience
• Must have 3 years experience in and Administrative role
• Must have recent scholarly activity( publications, presentations, book chapters in the last 5 years is preferred)
• Must be an active member of the ACOI
• Previous leadership / administrative experience
• Be willing to combine Administrative and Diagnostic (teaching) Responsibilities (50/50)
• Have strong administrative and team building skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Candidates with prior Program Director or Associate Program Director experience, recent scholarly activity such as peer reviewed funding, publication of original research or review articles in peer reviewed journals, chapters in textbooks, publication or presentation of case reports or clinical series at scientific society meetings, or participation in national committees or educations organizations highly encouraged to apply.
Two hospitals within the Health system will have a joint Internal Medicine Program. Medical Center A provides comprehensive healthcare to the residents of Broward County. Founded in 1974, the Medical Center has evolved into a 224-bed medical center and healthcare complex continuously expanding and bringing on the latest technology that enables us to provide leading edge services to the population we serve. Our medical services, combined with programs in specialties varying from oncology to cardiology, from surgery to emergency care, illustrate why we are one of the best leading healthcare facilities in South Florida.
The Medical Center is a part of a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery and diagnostic imaging facilities, and a complete continuum of specialized health programs and services that meet the healthcare needs of residents and businesses in the South FL community.
The health system affiliated facilities include:
• 14 hospitals
• 12 ambulatory surgery centers
• Numerous diagnostic imaging facilities and occupational health sites
• An integrated regional lab
• And a consolidated service center
HCA, the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services, is dedicated to shaping the future of healthcare in the communities we serve.
During his twenty-three years representing the second largest hospital in Georgia, W. Asbury Stembridge, Jr., FACHE had a driving passion to provide the highest quality healthcare to his hometown Macon, GA. This passion energized his quest to find the most qualified physicians in the country to join his hospital staff and become valuable community members. Asbury recognized early on that successfu...