Physician / Site Director - Ketamine Infusion Clinic
- Monday through Friday
- 40 to 45 Hours per Week
- Typical Business Hours
- No Evenings, Weekends, or On-Call
- $265,000 Guaranteed Base Salary
- Additional Bonuses and/or Profit-Sharing
- Up to $350,000 in Annual Compensation
- Option for Partnership/Shareholder Arrangement, if desired
- Malpractice Insurance
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- 5+ Weeks Paid Time Off
- Subsidized Gym Membership
- Citibike Membership
- Commuter Benefit Program
Williamsburg, Brooklyn, New York
This outpatient infusion organization, specializing in using ketamine to treat depression, opened in 2019 and is a thriving, busy private practice with multiple office locations in New York City and more sites in the process of opening. Their providers follow guidelines from the American Psychiatric Association and have established a patient-centered approach to ensure safe and comfortable experiences for all patients. They are a complement to, not a replacement for, existing mental healthcare services. They view ketamine as one pillar in a larger care plan, and rely on continuous dialogue with each patient and their referring provider to define how ketamine plays a role in overall wellness. They are currently hiring due to expansion plans for 2022.
The new physician will be the only physician on-site and will also function as Site Director. The practice is seeking a physician comfortable with a high level of autonomy and who has the desire to be part of a growing, evolving organization and to have at least an informal leadership role in the practice.
Each provider sees 4 to 6 patients per day in the office, providing infusion treatments for depression and comorbidities such as bipolar disorder, anxiety, and PTSD.
The duties of the physician include, but aren’t limited to:
- function as the senior clinical provider / site director at the office
- provide safe, in-office administration of ketamine
- patient education
- treatment plan management
- work with external referral partners
- establish trusting relationships with patients
- team management and leadership
The physician is supported by an infusion nurse (NP or RN) and an office administrator, but does see patients autonomously with no clinical assistant. Typical daily workload is:
- 4 to 6 infusion appointments
- care coordination (email and phone)
- oversight of 4 to 6 infusions done by an infusion nurse (minimal involvement)
Appointments are scheduled in 90-minute blocks to allow for:
- 15 minutes, consultation
- 40 minutes, infusion
- 20 minutes, recovery
- 15 minutes, extra time
The practice is an all-digital office and uses the IntakeQ EHR.
Many patients are in emotionally vulnerable situations and often nervous about infusion treatments. As such, the practice strives to provide an overall calming environment, using methods such as aromatherapy and soothing lighting. It’s important the communication style and bedside manner of the new physician emulate the desire to calm and soothe patients, while simultaneously showing confidence and reassuring patients of the quality care they’re receiving.
- New York medical license
- open to all backgrounds/specialties
- no experience required
- board certification or eligibility not required
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position, please send your CV to Jenn Kunkel at [Register to View]
or call [Register to View]
Please visit [Register to View]
to view a full list of available opportunities with CHS Recruiting.