- Physician, Geriatric Primary Care
- Option for Partial Medical Directorship
- Monday through Friday
- Business Hours w/ Some Flexibility
- No Nights or Weekends
- $200,000 to $225,000+ Base Salary, negotiable dependent upon experience
- Quarterly Bonuses ($30,000+ annually)
- Malpractice Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off Package
- CME Allowance
- License/DEA Fees
Geriatric primary care practice serving assisted and independent living facilities (ALFs/ILFs) and private homes throughout several states. The practice was founded and is led by a physician with 15+ years of experience in the home-based primary care field. They employ a team of more than 20 talented physicians and nurse practitioners, who are supported by dedicated clinical and administrative team members.
If desired, the new physician can have a partial medical directorship, seeing a reduced number of patients per day to allow daily time for administrative / supervisory duties. The percentage split between clinical patient care and directorship duties is negotiable, but is typically no more than 60% administrative and can be as little as 20% administrative. The clinical physician job description is listed below the Medical Director section.
Medical Director duties include, but are not limited to:
- oversee functions of the clinical team as related to direct patient care
- align the clinical objectives with organizational vision and mission
- work with executive management to build a sustainable care model and clinical workflow
- facilitate communication between the clinical staff and non-clinical practice divisions
- ensure compliance in clinical care team
- oversee documentation integrity, medical record completion, and chart accuracy
- oversee the clinical staff review process
- assist in the development and clinical implementation of population-based health initiatives
- champion individualized and patient-centered care plans
- assist in developing workflow and interventions as related to quality and safety metrics
- promote and oversee efforts to minimize unnecessary utilization of high-cost clinical care
- promote care coordination both within and across the regional delivery networks
- assist and oversee clinical utilization review
- work with executive team to align utilization with organizational goals
- assist in the evaluation of new clinical services
- participate in new clinician hires
- assist in the development of resources to standardize direct patient care
- serve as the supervising physician for assigned nurse practitioners
The clinical patient care involves serving as the primary care provider for a dedicated panel of geriatric patients. Full-time clinical physicians hold panels of 200 to 225 patients. This number is adjusted proportionally for Medical Directors.
The practice believes strongly in proactive medicine, with a clinical focus on:
- preventative care
- chronic disease management
- medication management
- other geriatric care needs
Physicians typically see patients on a monthly basis, but this can be adjusted per physician request and patient need.
Physicians travel to 1 or 2 buildings each day (ALFs / ILFs), with house call visits scheduled as travel and locations allow (house calls are negotiable).
Full-time clinical providers perform 50 to 55 visits per week (this is adjusted for Medical Directors), with each day’s schedule being carefully crafted to factor in travel time, new patients vs. established patients, etc.
Physicians utilize a mobile EHR (GEHRIMED) and communicate with their office-based support team remotely.
Providers evenly share on-call responsibilities. The current rotation is 1 week every 4-5 months and this decreases as providers are hired. On-call is phone triage only and volume is light.
- Ohio medical license
- Board Certification or Eligibility, relevant field
- no experience required; recent graduates are welcome to apply
- for Medical Director candidates, some previous leadership experience required
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position, please send your resume to Jenn Kunkel at [Register to View] or call [Register to View] .
Please visit [Register to View] for a full list of available opportunities at CHS Recruiting.