Lee Health seeks Medical Director for New Virtual Care Program
Lee Health is a non-profit organization with nearly 90 practice locations throughout Southwest Florida. This robust integrated health care system has over 14,000 employees, 4,500 volunteers, and 800 employed primary care and specialty care providers. Our health care system has four acute care hospitals, one specialty hospital and one pediatric children’s hospital that together house approximately 1,812-hospital beds.
Lee Physician Group is seeking an experienced full-time board certified Primary Care Provider to play a central role in the building of our new Virtual Care Program. This is an exciting opportunity to be instrumental and innovative as we design and develop the program and build it from the ground up.
Medical Director will provide Medical Leadership to the Virtual Care team and report to the System Medical Director of Primary Care.
Duties will include:
- Providing direct patient care via telemedicine and coordinating necessary home visits
- Leading a multidisciplinary care team to include APPs, RNs and additional support staff
- Supervising Remote Monitoring Program
- Working closely with Medical Informatics in finding new opportunities to provide virtual care
- Creating protocols for referrals and virtual care workflows
- Membership on the Virtual Care Committee
Candidate will manage patients primarily virtually while coordinating in-person care when required. This position will encompass a full spectrum of patient care. Candidate will be expected to practice medicine in unconventional settings including delivering care outside the confines of the usual office visit. Program will follow a community approach as its mission to help prevent admissions and readmissions and provide follow-up care to high risk patients in their homes following hospital discharge.
- 3+ years of Primary Care Experience
- Experience providing Virtual Care
- Board certification in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine
- Experience in leading a team of providers and an understanding of population health metrics, quality benchmarks and productivity
- Experience building a program is preferred
Candidate should have the desire to challenge the conventional in search of delivering a better healthcare experience.
- Offers a competitive salaried compensation package
- Generous paid time off
- Sign on bonus
- Robust relocation allotment
- Professional malpractice and medical liability are covered under sovereign immunity
- 403(b) retirement plan with match
- Short term/long term disability
- Health, dental and vision insurance
In Fort Myers, there is truly something for everyone. With warm weather all year round, the area has numerous outdoor activities right at your fingertips, such as, boating, playing golf, fishing, enjoying the wildlife, beautiful walking & biking trails, and so much more! Fort Myers also has numerous restaurants, plenty of shopping close by in our malls and outlets, art, history and a wide variety of festivals all year round.
Fort Myers International Airport is easy to get to, easy to use, and offers numerous direct flights and connections to meet all of your travel needs. Those in this area are also able to enjoy the Key West Express which allows for a 3-hour boat ride down to Key West! Fort Myers is minutes away from Sanibel Island, Captiva, and Naples. This area is also conveniently located near three of Florida’s major cities, Orlando, Tampa and Miami.
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please e-mail your CV to our Physician Recruitment Office at [Register to View]