**Internal Medicine opportunity: Philadelphia, PA**
- FQHC facility
**About the Job**
- Permanent position
- Provides comprehensive services in both the ambulatory and inpatient settings (if applicable): well adolescent/adult care; diagnosis and treatment of acute illness; and long-term management of chronic disease. Travels between sites as needed, and to administrative office for designated meetings. Promotes the Group's vision and mission to staff, patients and the public at large.
- Adolescent/adult patients will consist of the age group: 13 - geriatric. Usual patient age group will be 18 - geriatric.
- Supervises physician extenders.
- Develops/expands the scope of service, efficiency and quality of the practice.
- Participates in quality assessment and improvement activities.
- Participates in committees and/or workgroups.
- Conducts clinical practice in accordance with Group's Professional By-Laws and clinical policy manuals.
- Exercises judgment by practicing within established guidelines of designated specialty.
- Demonstrates organizational skills and the ability to work independently as well as in conjunction with peers and support staff.
- Demonstrates flexibility in dealing with different personalities and situations.
- Provide services, as directed, at facilities other than a Group location in the event that an incident that compromises the safety, security or integrity of the United States of America should occur.
- Performs routine well-patient care and initiates comprehensive, preventive care.
- Evaluates symptoms/complaints and performs examinations and tests necessary to make an accurate diagnosis.
- Based on the diagnosis, develops and implements an appropriate course of treatment and follow-up, including appropriate therapeutic measures, referrals, prescriptions, hospitalizations, etc.
- Provides appropriate follow-up, counseling, and health education services to adult patients and their families.
- Maintains appropriate contacts with support staff and allied health staff in providing comprehensive coordinated services when needed
- Admits adolescent and adult patients to a Group-affiliated hospital and manages inpatient care.
- Provides back-up physician services as required to other clinical services in the health center when those physicians are unavailable.
- Provides medical care to non-Group patients when such care is requested by supervisor or required; examples include coverage of a non-Group physicians inpatient service, acceptance of non-Group patients admitted from the Emergency Room, and coverage of public health screenings or health fairs.
- Maintains medical records in accordance with Group standards for the problem-oriented medical record.
- Participates in peer review.
- Maintains confidentiality of information about patients and their families.
- Meets or exceeds productivity objectives in order to ensure access to care.
- Adjusts practice patterns to maximize cost-effectiveness without compromising quality of care.
- Participates in evening/weekend on-call responsibilities.
- Adheres to patient management guidelines delineated in Clinical Policies and Procedures,
- Supervises the physician extender (PA/NP) as per written agreement and provides active and continuing overview of the physician Extenders activities to provide appropriate supervision, support, delegation of tasks, and review and evaluation of practice.
- Participates in revenue generating activities (accurate coding, EPSDT, family planning, activities, etc.) and practices cost effective health care (ordering laboratory tests and utilizing resources) for uninsured and underinsured patients.
- Performs CPT and ICD9 coding, completes encounter forms, and participates in all systems/procedures for billing, revenue enhancement, and data collection.
- Provides all documentation and administrative activities relevant for the acquisition and maintenance of Group's managed care contracts.
- Works cooperatively with Groups Human Resources Department to maintain a current credentialing file.
- Acquires required CME to maintain professional staff appointment.
- Maintains CPR certification.
- Evaluates clinical support staff upon request.
- Functions in a team-oriented manner and maintains a courteous and professional demeanor toward patients, staff members, and all guests
- Performs other appropriate duties as assigned by the Associate Medical Director.
- Local candidate required with active PA licensure
- Experienced and new grads welcome - BC/BE
- Start date: ASAP
**About Medical Group:**
- Medical group is a JC/NCQA FQHC, outpatient only/ambulatory care network of Philadelphia health centers with a staff of 600 providing medical, dental and behavioral health services
- Medical group maintains a dual Joint Commission accreditation in Medical and Behavioral Health. Its multi-specialty group practice is rapidly expanding!
- Group offers experienced leadership and skilled support staff, a wonderful work environment, traditional work hours, competitive compensation, lucrative PTO program and other benefits including malpractice insurance, loan forgiveness via the National Health Service Corps, reimbursements for CME's and professional organization affiliations.