As a part of the OptumCare network, Riverside Medical Group is seeking an Internal Medicine Physician to join our growing team in New Jersey with multiple practice locations available. At Optum, we are transforming healthcare nationally while providing physician-led care locally. Work with the largest care delivery organization in the world and start doing your life's best work.(sm)Primary Responsibilities:
- Direct and manage a complete continuum of high-quality care within the care team
- Treat chronic diseases and disorders
- Reviews patient file/record, including allergies, problems, medications and immunization status
- Elicits and records information about patient's medical history
- Orders or executes various tests, analyses and diagnostic images to provide information on patient's condition
- Analyzes reports and findings of tests and examination and diagnoses condition of patient
What makes an OptumCare organization different?
- Providers are supported to practice at the peak of their license
- We recognize that if you want to provide good care and do it well, you can't do it alone - this is the foundation of the team-based care model
- The culture is one of clinical innovation and transformation
- We are influencing change on a national scale while still maintaining the culture and community of our local care organizations
- Compensation based on quality, not quantity
- Multiple medical, dental and vision options to choose from
- Paid STD, LTD, Life and AD&D insurance
- Robust retirement including employer funded contributions and employee stock purchase plan
- Company paid malpractice insurance
Riverside Medical Group is the premier medical practice in New Jersey serving patients in Hudson, Bergen, Passaic, Essex, Middlesex, Burlington, and Camden counties. We have over 60 locations and 180 board certified medical providers specializing in Adult Medicine, Pediatrics, ENT, Foot & Ankle, Gastroenterology, Rheumatology, Cardiology, Behavioral Health, Physical Therapy, Allergy & Immunology, Developmental Health, Pain Management, Chiropractic and Optometry.
As a National Committee for Quality Assurance "Level III- Patient Centered Medical Home," Riverside is able to provide patient-focused precision medical care to the entire family and is committed to providing patients with the highest quality medical care.
In addition to providing the highest quality of care, Riverside offers its patients the best hours of operation of any private practice in the country. Patients have around-the-clock access to a health-care team and have the benefit of same day and walk in appointments. As an advocate for prenatal health and education, Riverside offers prenatal classes every weekend free of charge. Riverside believes in giving back to their community and the patients they serve through health fairs, charitable giving/foundation, and free medical education.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Unrestricted licensure in the state of New Jersey or has New Jersey application in process
- Board Certification or board eligibility in Internal Medicine
- Active and unrestricted DEA License or ability to obtain prior to start
- Active New Jersey CDS License or ability to obtain prior to start
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role.
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained.
At OptumCare, we've found that putting clinicians at the center of care is the best way to improve lives. Our physician-led organization is one of the most dynamic and progressive health care organizations in the world, serving over 14 million people through more than 38,000 aligned physicians and 9,000 advanced practice clinicians. You will find our team working in local clinics, surgery centers and urgent care centers, within care models focused on managing risk, higher quality outcomes and driving change through collaboration and innovation. Learn more about our journey at [Register to View] .Would you thrive with OptumCare?
- Do you practice evidence-based medicine?
- Are you seeking a practice focused on patient-centered quality care, not volume?
- Are you a team player - comfortable delegating and empowering teams?
- Are you constantly seeking better ways to do things?
- Do you want to be part of something better?
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.