- Hospital-employed with integrated EMR (Epic) in hospital and clinics
- On-site workout area for employees in the hospital, plus complimentary family membership to hospital-owned comprehensive community facility
- Family Medicine Residency program starting in 2019 – teaching opportunities available
- 16 operating room suites
- 2 da Vinci® surgical systems to aid in minimally invasive procedures
- Expanded Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Epic - electronic medical records system
- RFID (Radio-frequency Identification) system for technology tracking and inventory
This Position Is Perfectly Suited for The Physician Who Desires A starting salary $25,000 to $50,000 more compared to similar positions located in Louisville and Nashville, coupled with a cost of living 30%, this physician will have significant purchasing power to build a new home, pay off school loans and retire early.
You'll find Owensboro, Kentucky as the main hub of western Kentucky and a premier city in the Midwest. Owensboro and the surrounding region are known for a friendly atmosphere. Located on the southern banks of the Ohio River, Owensboro has a low crime rate and cost of living, a high quality of life and wide variety of housing options.
As one of America's best places to live and work, Owensboro has much to offer, including, Kentuckys #1 Sports town (Sports Illustrated). This physician and family will enjoy the gorgeous state parks, bike trails, a skate park, 15-mile Greenbelt walking/running/biking trail encircling the city, 5 golf courses, fishing, disc golf.
Partner with this organization who represents a new era of health care and wellness for the region and the brand-new, $500 million-dollar hospital and medical office building project features a nine-story facility licensed for 477 patient beds, and offers views of lush green vistas and natural scenery from every room.
- 81 miles to Louisville, KY
- 113 miles to Nashville, TN
- 146 miles to Lexington-Fayette, KY
- 147 miles to Indianapolis, IN
- There are 13 colleges within 50 miles of Owensboro.
- Kentucky Wesleyan College (KWC) is a private Methodist college in Owensboro, a city on the Ohio River, in the U.S. state of Kentucky. Kentucky Wesleyan College is known for its liberal arts programs. Fall 2014 enrollment was 716 students.
- Brescia University is a coeducational Catholic university located in Owensboro, Kentucky, in the United States. Founded as a junior college for women, it is now a coeducational university offering undergraduate and master's programs.
- Dugan Best Recreation Center provides a wholesome, quality, clean and safe environment for youth and adults of the community. The Center provides activities that can enhance the future goals of our youth and offers year-round recreation activities for all ages. It features a gym, stage, kitchen, game room, fitness room (adults only), computer stations and meeting rooms.
- Travis Aubrey Skate Park offers equipment for skateboarders and BMX bikers.
- Cravens Pool is a neighborhood pool located at 2815 Cravens Avenue.
- The four tennis courts located on the campus of Kentucky Wesleyan College on Scherm Road are City courts and are available for public use.
- $200 million invested in downtown revitalization has resulted in Numerous new restaurants, and unique shopping
- Antiques - Antique stores offer a real glimpse into the states past. Discover bourbon collectibles, horse racing memorabilia, furniture and heirlooms
- Specialty Shopping - Who doesn't like shopping? From upscale fashion to FAB, from the latest designs to consingments and gift shops, from chic jewerly to elegant apparel, for all ages.
- Shopping Centers & Malls - Owensboro offers a wide range of shopping for your everyday fun.
- Sporting Goods - You'll find a complete line of sporting goods, athletic equipment, active sports gear and leisure apparel here in Owensboro.