ICE Corrections position
- Adults only
- Start Date 9/9/2019
- Responsible for providing medical services related to diagnosis and treatment of detainee patients and emergency treatment of staff and visitors.
- Other functions include:
1. Perform complete medical histories and physical examinations; form clinical impressions based upon findings; order diagnostic tests, interpret results of laboratory tests and radiological examinations, prescribe medications, and render treatments appropriate to clinical impressions.
2. Inspect, complete and analyze medical records, assign review and update medical classifications; complete admission notes, progress notes, treatment plans, and discharge summaries and make rounds on patients admitted to the medical unit.
3. Serve in rotation with other providers to provide after-hours and weekend patient care, if required, to include accepting on-call rotation.
4. Refer patients for specialty consultations and treatment through the utilization manager process.
5. Utilize established corporate, facility and corrections policies and procedures in making decisions, while using sound independent judgment in performing the duties of the position.
6. Maintain the security and confidentiality of all patient medical records. Observe applicable HIPPA rules.
7. Evaluate the provision of services to prevent the inappropriate use or duplication of services.
8. Monitor all potential catastrophic illnesses.