The position is for a board eligible, board certified Internal Medicine or Family Medicine Physician who will be responsible for delivery of primary care to patients enrolled at the Battle Creek VA Medical Center.
- The provider will manage scheduled and unscheduled patients in the outpatient clinic setting.
- The primary care provider is an integral member of the PACT teamlet and is expected to work closely and coordinate patient care with other PACT teamlet members (Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant/Social worker), including nursing and clerical staff. Primary care physicians will participate in daily huddles with other teamlet staff and participate in primary care systems redesign projects.
- A primary care provider in the outpatient setting is assigned a panel of patients to manage under PCMM guidelines; recommended panel size at the division level is calculated based on patient complexity, support staff and room availability. Each provider's panel size is specific to their practice and setting.
- Primary Care Physicians may have responsibility for supervision of or collaboration with primary care mid-level providers. Physicians are expected to provide clinical oversight and to participate in peer review of other primary care providers through periodic chart reviews.
- Primary care physicians may be responsible for supervision, education and evaluation of residents and medical students in the outpatient primary care setting, as assigned.
- Primary care physicians will act as surrogates for absent primary care providers when needed, to include review of CPRS view alerts.
- Primary care physicians will regularly attend primary care staff meetings, departmental meetings and medical staff meetings.
- Timely documentation (notes and encounter forms) is necessary in all areas in accordance with facility policy. All administrative work should be completed in a timely fashion.
- Primary care physicians may cover Urgent Care and 10 bed Inpatient Acute Medical Unit on infrequent occasions.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday; 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. Extended hours on Wednesday and Saturdays. Due to the nature of this position, hours may be rotated or extended based on the needs of the Medical Center and our Veterans. Medical Officer of the Day (MOD) duties include periodic coverage from 4:30-6pm on weekdays, and emergency only back up call on a limited number of weekends and holidays.