This job is archived
NYC Health + Hospitals/Correctional Health Service (CHS) is seeking a physician to work at a variety of flexible locations to remotely provide triage and other medical services for our patients. CHS currently provides screening for newly arrested people in the Manhattan court houses prior to their initial court appearances. Pre-arraignment screening will be expanded to cover additional boroughs within the City of New York, and triage services for this unit will be supported by a Telehealth physician. The Telehealth physician will work closely with Pre-Arraignment Screening Unit nurses to make safe triage decisions. The Telehealth physician will support other responsiblities of CHS using telehealth technology including remote medical evaluations, ordering medications, laboratory and diagnostic tests, and making necessary referrals, as appropriate.
- Registered to practice medicine in NY State, BCLS and ACLS Certification, Federal DEA and Infection Control Certification
- Board certified or Board Eligible in Specified Area of Medical Specialty
- Medical Specialty license or Certification
- Medical doctor with 3 to 5 years of directly related experience preferred
- Telehealth experience preferred