Gastrointestinal (GI) Oncology in Pennsylvania
The Division of Hematology/Oncology and the Penn State Cancer Institute, Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, located in highly desirable Hershey, Pennsylvania, seek a Medical Oncologist with expertise in gastrointestinal (GI) oncology.
- Multidisciplinary team of oncologists, surgeons, radiation oncologists, nurses, imaging technologists, genetic counselors, and other specialists
- Primary responsibilities include patient care, clinical/translational research, and medical student, resident, and fellow education
- Opportunity to interact with outstanding clinical, basic science, and population science departments
- Potential leadership opportunities available for candidates with experience
Penn State Digestive Disease and Gastroenterology:
- Nationally recognized digestive disease care
- Perform more minimally invasive surgeries than any other colorectal group in central Pennsylvania
The Penn State Cancer Institute is a CoC-accredited and ACR-accredited cancer program. Also, it is the only comprehensive cancer center in central PA, provides a robust infrastructure for clinical trials and translational research facilities, and has recently acquired an MRIdian Linac that will take our cancer treatment to a new level of precision and accuracy.
Community Highlights – Live in Hershey, PA – Overall Grade of A+ (Niche)
Hershey, PA, offers a great place to live, learn, work, play and grow a family. Known as the home of the Hershey chocolate bar, Hershey's community is rich in history and diverse in culture. Located next to Pennsylvania's capital, Harrisburg, near the banks of the Susquehanna River, central Pennsylvania fosters a delightful quality of life, with ready access to major metropolitan areas like D.C., Baltimore, Philadelphia, and NYC, while placing you in a picturesque and historic environment, with excellent schools and ample recreational opportunities. The area boasts a reasonable cost of living, whether you prefer a quiet suburban setting or a thriving city atmosphere rich in theater, arts, and culture.
Penn State Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
About the Company
Merritt Hawkins, an AMN Healthcare company, is a permanent physician placement service that fills more physician jobs than any other firm. In addition to being the nation’s leader in physician employment search and consulting services, Merritt Hawkins also recruits and places select allied health professionals. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.
Internal Medicine, Medical Oncology, Chemotherapy, Hormonal Therapy, Biological Therapy, Cancer, Md