This job is archived
Geriatric Physician Needed for a PACE Clinic in San Bernardino (Care Partners Medical Group)
Under the supervision of the Lead Medical Director, this position is responsible for the medical care of Care Partners Medical Group PACE participants in a medical clinic setting
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide medical care to PACE participants, including the evaluation, diagnosis, and management of their medical conditions, including but not limited to taking of a medical history, performance of physical examination, ordering and interpretation of diagnostic tests, formulation of an assessment of condition and a treatment plan, writing prescriptions, ongoing follow up of case management
- Document medical care in the participants’ medical record, in compliance with PACE documentation policies
- Provide after-hours medical coverage as assigned by the Chief Medical Office to assure that a physician is available 24 hours a day, 365 days per year (Medical Director may be involved with establishing the schedule for said coverage)
- Participate within the interdisciplinary team in the formulation of Plans of Care for PACE participants
- Presents input into, initiates and/or facilities new medical programs and processes in support of PACE’s strategic goals
Education and Experience:
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Osteopathy (DO) degree required
- Must be Board-Certified in the State of California
- Preferably 1-3 years experience in related field (internal medicine/geriatrics)
- Working knowledge of community clinic/health center operations.
About the Company:
Care Partners Medical Group is a partner with PACE (Program of All-inclusive Care for the Elderly) to redefine senior care. Each participant works with a team of medical experts to develop a care plan that is personalized and regularly updated to meet their evolving medical and social needs. Senior care is not ‘one size fits all,’ which is why each participant has a customized PACE experience to meet their individual needs.
Care Partners Medical Group San Bernardino PACE opened in June 2020 and serves seniors in the San Bernardino area. The center features a winding hallway that includes historic California art. The center also has a clinical exercise program and a program for participants to learn more about the Internet and social media so they can stay digitally connected to friends and family. The outdoor patio is a participant favorite, hosting activities like morning Tai Chi, tea parties and afternoon gardening. Other popular events are karaoke and the annual three-day luau, which includes a Hawaiian barbeque, live Polynesian dancers, limbo, and more.
- Quality of Life - Monday through Friday daytime schedule
- Benefits - Comprehensive Sound Physicians benefits package including paid days off
- Education - CME allowance & paid CME time off, ongoing online and in-person training
- Development - Mentoring from the Care Partners Medical Group PACE clinical leadership team
If you have any questions, you can contact [Register to View]