This job is archived
Geriatrician (SA197398) Myrtle Beach, South Carolina as
This Regional Medical Center is seeking academic minded Geriatrician to join their busy outpatient practice in the Myrtle Beach area. The outpatient clinic is located in Little River, just north of Myrtle Beach. The ideal candidate will enjoy providing quality patient care while supervising and mentoring residents in the clinical setting. Position also involves teaching residents in a didactic setting. We are looking for highly motivated faculty who enjoy resident education and autonomous practice balance.
• The office is located in the middle of high growth areas and there are excellent public schools and outstanding housing options within a 10 minute drive.
• Practice is outpatient only!
• Clinic hours, M-F
• Admissions are handled by hospitalist service
• Practices are limited to geriatrics (55+ yrs old) with appointment time slots commensurate with the need to properly care for geriatric patients.
• Palliative Care training a plus, but not mandatory
• Top beach resort area/ lifestyle in area with excellent restaurants, golfing and world class resort amenities
This Regional Medical Center home to a Level 1 Adult and Level 2 Peds Trauma Center and is the busiest trauma center in South Carolina. They also have a comprehensive stroke center with endovascular and neurology support. There is in-house critical care, trauma surgery, a newly opened neurosciences ICU, and a dedicated neurosurgery OR team. The hospital has a very collegial medical staff and a supportive administration.
The Medical Center is a 269-bed acute care hospital serving residents and visitors of Horry and surrounding counties. In 2012, the hospital performed 457 cardiac surgeries, delivered 914 babies and treated over 79,000 emergency department patients. Our hospital, located in the heart of Myrtle Beach, has more than 270 physicians, over 1,400 staff members and over 170 hospital volunteers to serve you.
Located in Myrtle Beach, the heart of the "Grand Strand," the 60-mile stretch of coastline is considered one of the fastest growing metropolitan areas in the US. The area has been repeatedly recognized as one of the top retirement and tourist destinations in the country. The community is comprised of a myriad of unique neighborhoods that include easy access to golf, the ocean, shopping and entertainment, national caliber live music venues, a local symphony, nationally recognized Botanical Garden (Brookgreen Gardens), minor league baseball, water parks, outlet shopping, international airport, fishing, boating and 2,500+ restaurants.