Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better. Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded.
Cleveland Clinic Akron General has been improving the health and lives of the people and communities it serves since 1914. The hospital was recently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as the seventh-best hospital in Ohio.
- 532-bed, non-profit regional medical center
- Established team of 26 physicians, 6 advanced practitioners, and 3 clinical performance nurses
- No call environment
- Hospitalists respond to codes on their own patients
- Closed ICU; No procedures required
- Family & internal medicine residencies on site
- H1B eligible facility; access to Sound’s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees for the visa are paid and filing services are covered
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based on performance
Located 35 minutes from Cleveland, Akron is the 5th largest city in Ohio, with a population of approximately 700,000 in the Greater Akron Metropolitan area. Home to theaters, museums, cultural centers, and ample restaurants and shopping hot spots, Akron offers something for everyone! If you enjoy golf, the PGA World Golf Championships travels to Akron each year for the Bridgestone Invitational at Firestone Country Club! If you love laid-back family festivals, Akron hosts the National Hamburger Festival, consisting of different vendors serving original recipe hamburgers and a Miss Hamburger contest! If you are more of an art lover, the E.J. Thomas Hall regularly shows performances by the Akron Symphony Orchestra, Broadway musicals, ballets, comedies, lectures, and entertainers! If you have an itch to travel, the Akron-Canton Regional Airport and Cleveland Hopkins International Airport are both easily accessible so you can see the world! Rising from the rolling hills of the Western Reserve along the Ohio and Erie Canal, Akron is a vital heartland city and an ideal place to live and work in the Midwest.