Physicians who choose to lead at Sound thrive because they are willing to take risks and focus on their teams while doing whatever they can to make their practice successful. We give aspiring leaders a foundation from which to grow into roles with additional responsibilities. Experienced leaders also have opportunities to fine-tune their skills through coaching and advanced content. Each of us deserves the opportunity to feel “comfortable, healthy, and happy” in the midst of our professional commitments so that we can do great work and experience joy in the practice of medicine. At Sound Physicians, we invest in our leaders through physician-led learning & development team so you can reach your greatest human potential.
- Sound’s “Well Being” program is solely focused on advancing the well-being of our clinicians
- Dedicated learning and development program that includes virtual and live events and mentorship designed to accelerate clinical leadership
- Clinician-specific tools focused on gaining insight into individual performance quality, satisfaction, and other key outcomes.
As a physician-founded and led organization, we know what matters to you. Trust, recognition, comradery, and hassle-free onboarding are just a few gears we hang our hats on. Our model is designed to challenge the status quo and transform the acute episode of care.
- You will have a dedicated staffing coordinator
- The regional operations team will provide you with ongoing reports to help manage performance
- Benefit from SoundMetrix, our robust data platform
- You will have a dedicated physician-led team for professional education focused on your individual development and growth
When you join Sound Physicians, you join an organization that strives to be the unmatched leader in improving quality and reducing the cost of healthcare in the communities we serve. You will make an impact on creating the best clinical outcomes and processes and feel empowered to be creative and utilize your leadership skills to problem solve and drive improvement.
- 254-bed, non-profit hospital
- An established team of 20 physicians, 3 advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse
- No call environment
- Open, 16-bed ICU; Procedures are not required
- Schedule: Monday-Friday; 12 clinical shifts, and 8 administrative shifts per month; PTO and holiday pay, plus full benefits
- Board certification in internal medicine or family medicine with 2+ years as a medical director of a hospitalist program required
- H1B eligible facility; access to Sound’s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees for the visa are paid and filing services are covered
Mishawaka is a part of the South Bend, Indiana metropolitan area, boasting a cumulative population of 318,586. The city prides itself on being safe and provides a very low cost of living with excellent schools. Mishawaka has received many accolades including being ranked second in the State of Indiana by Business Week Magazine as one of the best places to raise your kids.
- Seeking vibrance and charm? You will love the diversity found in the neighborhoods throughout the metro area
- Are you a football fan? Enjoy a Saturday afternoon cheering on that Fighting Irish at the University of Notre Dame, a top 20 university and one of the top sporting venues in the United States
- Other nearby metropolitan areas: Chicago, IL. 100 miles to the west, Ann Arbor, MI. 175 miles to the northeast, Indianapolis, IN. 146 miles to the south, and Kalamazoo, MI: 70 miles to the north