Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better. Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded.
Heartland Regional Medical, part of the Quorum Healthcare System, is a full-service community hospital delivering high-quality care to patients at every stage of life. The hospital has been accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Healthcare as well as by the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation.
- 106-bed, community-based hospital
- Team of 4 physicians, 2 advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse
- No call environment
- Open ICU; Hospitalist will admit and consult intensivist unless on vent
- Procedure experience is not required
- Hospitalist team run codes and are a part of RRT
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based on performance
Marion, IL is located in the heart of the Southern Illinois Region, just 15 minutes away from Division 1 Southern Illinois University- Carbondale. The region of Southern Illinois has a population of about 186,000 including a number of excellent school districts, a variety of terrific neighborhoods, and tremendous outdoor venues including Crab Orchard National Wildlife Preserve, Giant City State Park, and Garden of the Gods. In addition, there are about 30 wineries sprinkled throughout the beautiful landscape of the Shawnee National Forest, and a Minor League Baseball Team that hosts firework shows following every Friday night home game. Other community amenities include two shopping malls with anchor stores Dillard’s and Macy’s, three AMC movie theatres, and Williamson County Airport has a direct flight to St. Louis just 120 miles away. Southern Illinois is a fantastic place to live and has something for everyone!