AppleCare Medical was formed in 1996. Over the last 17 years, the multispecialty medical group of independent practices has expanded into new communities, contracted with more hospitals and health plans, and added over 50 new doctors—but the mission has remained the same. Today, AppleCare Medical is comprised of hundreds of board-certified private-practice, independent physicians. Collectively, our physicians have been serving the Southeast area of Los Angeles and Northern Orange County for decades, providing their medical expertise and passion to improving the health of our communities.
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a part of our continued growth, we are searching for a new Hospitalist to join our team.
- Conducts hospital rounds on all patients referred to the service.
- Provides patient care in a manner consistent with hospital medical staff by-laws, and referring physician requests.
- Communicates with families, referring physicians, specialists, administration, and hospital departments in the care and treatment of patients referred to the service.
- Works with hospital and Monarch clinical staff to initiate and coordinate early discharge through collaboration with specialists, nursing staff, social services, utilization management, and other members of the interdisciplinary team
- Develops and maintains good working relationships with hospital departments and hospital administration.
- Demonstrates a commitment to service by providing distinctive, personalized care and services by listening, anticipating, and responding to the needs of both internal and external (patients, family members, referring physicians/specialists, hospital staff, etc.) customers and striving to exceed customer expectations.
- Serves as a liaison to other physicians, business office, and administration to maximize communication and increase knowledge of the hospitalist program benefits.
- Attends and completes all specific competencies and annual organizational requirements.
- Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team to discuss patients’ progress, variances, and achievement of expected outcomes and plan of care.
- Assumes responsibility to ensure that all necessary documentation is accurate, complete, and timely, including medical records, billing/coding, and any other such documentation as requested by hospital from time to time.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- M.D. or D.O.
- Active medical license in California or ability to obtain prior to employment
- Board certified or board eligible in specialty
- Completed an accredited residency / fellowship training in specialty
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Medical knowledge about established and evolving biomedical, clinical, epidemiological and social behavioral sciences and application of this knowledge to patient care
- Interpersonal and communication skills that result in effective information exchange and collaboration with patients, their families and other health professionals
- Possession of or acquisition of sufficient computer skills to effectively utilize Electronic Medical Records
- Practice-based learning and improvement that involves investigation and evaluation of their own patient care, appraisal and assimilation of scientific evidence and improvements in patient care
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make hzealth care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
AppleCare Medical is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing
Job keywords: Hospitalist, MD, DO, Medicine, Osteopathic Medicine, La Palma, CA, California