As a hospitalist within USACS, you'll be part of a team unique in today's industry. USACS provides physicians with ownership, unparalleled benefits and the opportunity to practice within a values-based model emphasizing quality, long-term wealth building and a culture of shared ownership. USACS physicians enjoy the security and resources of a large, national group without sacrificing the advantages typically found in local groups.
- Average Daily Encounters: 85
- A cohesive team of 8 Hospitalist physicians and 8 Hospitalist APPs
- The team is supported by an IAC RN and an administrative coordinator
- Integrated Acute Care model where all providers are partners of one team covering Emergency Medicine, Hospital Medicine and Critical Care Medicine
- Most patients admitted through the Emergency Department come under the Hospitalist service
- Hospitalists also provide medical consultation to the inpatient rehab unit staffed by dedicated physiatrists
- Hospitalists hand off patients to the Intensivist when requiring transfer to the ICU
- Multispecialty support
- Procedures not required
Peterson Regional Medical Center moved into its new 124-bed facility in April 2008. Named for local businessman Sid Peterson, this private hospital was named one of the “Top 20” Rural Community Hospitals in the nation—the only hospital in Texas on the list. It serves a primary service area of over 45,000 people.
Specialty backup includes Cardiology, ENT, Gastroenterology, General Surgery, Hematology/Oncology, Nephrology, Neurology, Orthopedic Surgery, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Ophthalmology, Pulmonology, Radiology and Interventional Radiology, Urology, and Vascular Surgery. Hospitalists admit 85% of patients from the Emergency Department. Stroke patients who receive fibrinolytic or who meet criteria for arterial thrombectomy are transferred to San Antonio after consultation with a Tele-Neurologist.
Community Medical professionals in Kerrville enjoy a lifestyle that blends all the best aspects of rural, suburban, and urban life. With excellent housing, real estate costs, and state- and nationally-distinguished schools, Kerrville is the perfect hometown for families. Outdoor recreational activities such as flying, hunting, fishing, hiking, biking, kayaking, triathlons, and photography abound in this beautiful area of the Texas Hill Country. Since both San Antonio and Austin are within a one- to two-hour drive, Kerrville is a perfect choice for physicians who want to practice in a smaller community with metropolitan amenities nearby.
• Equity for all full-time physicians
• Industry-leading, company funded 401k
• Annual CME/BEA (Business Expense Account)
• Outstanding Professional development programs
• Student loan refinancing as low as 2.99%
• Groundbreaking Paid Parental Leave
• Pioneering Paid Military Leave
• Short- and long-term disability (own occupation)
• Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and Rx coverage
• The best medical malpractice including tail coverage
• Location flexibility and stability of a national group