- Manageable census
- 301 hospital beds
- 6 physicians on during the day (7 a.m. – 7 p.m.)
- 18 - 20 patients/day (includes admissions & rounding)
- 7 on / 7 off block schedule
- 24 hour physician coverage (7 a.m. - 7 p.m.; 7 p.m. - 7 a.m.)
- 12 hour NP/PA coverage (12 p.m. - 12 a.m.)
- No procedures required
- 24/7 Intensivist access – closed ICU
- EMR: Cerner
Porter Regional Hospital is part of Porter Health Care System which includes two hospital campuses and seven outpatient facilities serving Porter, Lake, LaPorte, Starke and Jasper counties. The hospital is a 301-bed facility accredited by The Joint Commission. The facility features all-private patient rooms, advanced imaging equipment and new medical and communication technology.
Valparaiso is the hottest spot in Porter County when it comes to arts, cuisine, entertainment and shopping. This town is home to Valparaiso University that attracts students from all over the world, bringing a youthfulness and diversity to its nearly 200-year-old streets. Offering low crime, plenty of local amenities, and great schools, Valparaiso is about an hour southeast of Chicago and 2.5 hours north of Indianapolis.
We offer a competitive compensation package, leadership training and development, SCP University with over 200 hours of free CMEs and more.