- Looking to recruit a BC/BE IM or FM Hospitalist to join 9 other Hospitalists for a team of 10. Three hospitalists will work during the day 7 am – 7 pm. One nocturnist works 7 pm – 7 am.
- 7 on 7 off.
- 114-bed Hospital. This includes beds from OB and Neuro Psych Unit which hospitalists only see patients there if consulted. Therefore Hospitalists routinely cover 65 beds.
- Average census per physician is 15 – 20.
- Average total admissions per 24 hours: 10-15.
- Currently, there are 3 physicians working per day 7a-7p. One physician on nights 7p-7a.Each physician starts out with a set number of patients who they round and take call on during their shift (12 hours). In addition two of the 3 physicians on per day alternate admissions. Basically every 3rd day you are not on call for admissions, you round on your patients only. Many physicians do try and leave a little early during the day they are not admitting. Physician will still need to be close in case they need to respond to one of their patients (less than 20 minutes). Physicians do leave for lunch even on days they are admitting if time permits.
- 12 bed OPEN ICU. ICU skills are important as Hospitalists do cover the ICU. (i.e. Vent management, Central lines…)
- ICU SUPPORT: Anesthesiologists and surgeons available for consults and can help with difficult cases. There is one Pulmonologist who can help with any critical pulmonary patients on vents or those who have chronic pulmonary issues. Anesthesia available 24 hours if needed. RT staff is proficient with intubating patients and anesthesia is a backup as well.
- The nocturnist is not required to round on patients. They do however, take call from nursing staff on patients throughout the night and may have to see a patient if they are deteriorating, etc. The rest of the time is spent doing admissions. Admissions can be anywhere from 3-10.
- Emergency Department is responsible for codes. Hospitalist is asked to arrive as soon as possible to take over care.
- Specialty & Subspecialty services include: Pulmonology, Pathology, Cardiology, Neurology, Oncology, Psychiatry, Interventional Cardiology, Ophthalmology, Rheumatology, Urology, General Surgery, Cardiothoracic Surgery, Pain Management, OBGYN, Ortho, Wound Care, Interventional Cardiology, Diagnostic Radiology, Radiation Oncology, Occupational Medicine.
- Salary is based on MGMA median (Option to work extra 12 hour shifts at $2,160 per shift if needed)
- 25,000K sign on bonus
- Up to $10,000 relocation
- Up to $4,500 for CME's and professional license fees, dues and journals.
- We provide Malpractice at $2 mill per occurrence/ $6 mill aggregate.
- Benefits include: health, dental, vision, life, long and short term disability, AD&D,
- Very reasonable health insurance, non-smoker employee rate is $22.00/month. Family rate: $154/month
- 403B matching up to 3% after one year.
- 457 plan “Top Hat Plan” max contribution of $18,000 per year.
PPR Search Consultant [Register to View] [Register to View]