Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
Seeking Internal Medicine/Family Practice Hospitalist that are available for 2 or more shifts each month in Laurel, MD. The program is expanding and needs addition locum tenens support for the next several months. We are seeking day, swing and night providers with a current MD license and inpatient experience. Competitive rates and flexible scheduling!!
Details to include:
1. Number of beds in hospital: 140
2. Number of ICU beds: 10
3. Open or Closed ICU: Semi-open – 7a-7p intensivists are on staff, but the night hospitalists cover the ICU 7p-7a.
A swing provider may have an ICU admit from 7p to 11p (The night doctor can assist).
4. Patient Census. 35-48
a. Day: 18-20 per shift per provider
b. Night: admits only, no rounding
5. Admits (on average/daily)
a. Day: 6.2
b. Swing/Night: 8-10
6. Shift Schedule
a. AM: 7am-7pm
b. PM: 7pm-7am
c. SWING: 11am-11pm
7. Number of day teams: 2
8. Number of night teams: 1
9. Other teams? 1 swing
10. Any specialty backup? Yes, All specialty
11. Procedures required? Not for day/swing shift. CENTRAL LINES required for nights
If so, which ones? n/a
12. Running codes required? Yes
13. Who runs the codes? Hospitalists responsible for rapid responses and codes
14. EMR System? Cerner
If this is an opportunity that you are interested in contact me immediately to discuss locations, details, expectations, and requirements. ECHO Locum Tenens provides competitive rates, travel, lodging, and $1/$5M medical malpractice coverage. ECHO's parent company, Sound Physicians, offers competitive W2/Perm contracts at facilities across the U.S. Please feel free to share this information with your colleagues
Echo Locum Tenens is an affiliate of Sound Physicians dedicated to Hospital Medicine physician placement throughout the United States.