This job is archived
About the Hospitalist Position:
- MD or DO: Board Certified or Board Eligible in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine
- Full Time
- Hours: Varies by Location | Days or Nights
- Inpatient and ICU coverage
- Vacation coverage
- Caring for a panel of patients who are admitted without their own physician or whose physicians refer their patients to the Hospitalist Service Program.
- Teaching and supervising residents who care for patients on the teaching service
- Supervising nurse practitioners in the care of patients on the non-teaching service.
- Participating in activities designed to grow the hospitalist concept and the hospitalist volume, increase efficiency, and improve quality.
- Active hospital citizenship including participation in quality studies, committee assignments, and completion of charts and forms.
- Primary responsibility for patients assigned by the triage individual to observation status: in accordance with protocols, you will provide admission in-hospital, and discharge care and documentation
- Completion of an accredited Internal Medicine or Family Medicine Residency
- Board eligible or board certified in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine
- License to practice medicine in NYS
- Board Eligible or Board Certified
- New York State Medical License