Title: Hospitalist (MD)
Location: Staten Island, NY
Occupational Category: Physician
Description: Our client, a full-service teaching community health system on Staten Island, NY, is seeking to hire a Hospitalist to enhance the services provided to patients who are admitted to the hospital and to support the Hospitalist Service Program. It serves as the principal health care provider for Staten Island. The team of professionals work together to offer an integrated system of care that ensures collaboration among all the patient?s medical providers.
About the Hospitalist Position:
- MD or DO: Board Certified or Board Eligible in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine
- Full Time
- Hours: Varies by Location | Days or Nights
- Inpatient and ICU coverage
- Vacation coverage
- Caring for a panel of patients who are admitted without their own physician or whose physicians refer their patients to the Hospitalist Service Program.
- Teaching and supervising residents who care for patients on the teaching service
- Supervising nurse practitioners in the care of patients on the non-teaching service.
- Participating in activities designed to grow the hospitalist concept and the hospitalist volume, increase efficiency, and improve quality.
- Active hospital citizenship including participation in quality studies, committee assignments, and completion of charts and forms.
- Primary responsibility for patients assigned by the triage individual to observation status: in accordance with protocols, you will provide admission in-hospital, and discharge care and documentation
- Completion of an accredited Internal Medicine or Family Medicine Residency
- Board eligible or board certified in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine
- License to practice medicine in NYS
- Board Eligible or Board Certified
- New York State Medical License