- 238 hospital beds (10 bed ICU)
- 1 Nocturnist onsite at night
- 12 hour shifts (7 p.m. – 7a.m.)
- No rounding on patients. Admissions and observations only. Average 10-13 per night with 6-7 being full admissions and the rest being observations
- No pediatric patients
- Typical procedures: intubations, central lines and vent management. Back up anesthesia at night if needed
- Patients turn over to primary care physicians in the morning
- Good back up, especially cardiology and surgery
Weirton Medical Center is a 238-bed, not-for-profit, acute-care, general community hospital located in the city of Weirton in Brooke County, West Virginia. The hospital is on a 23-acre campus adjacent to US Route 22. Weirton Medical Center offers an array of health care services, including robotic surgery, cardiac services, obstetrics & gynecology, orthopedic & joint care, and cancer care - all to the residents of West Virginia, Ohio and Pennsylvania.
Combine the warmth, security and hospitality inherent in a small town with the cultural, educational and economic benefits of a metropolitan area, and that describes the city of Weirton. Weirton is often described as a melting pot. This town’s ethnic diversity provides a cultural variety second to none. Steadily rated as one of the safest cities in the United States, Weirton offers low cost of living, all the amenities a large city, and is a mere 35-minute drive from the heart of downtown Pittsburgh.
We offer a competitive compensation package, leadership training and development, SCP University with over 200 hours of free CMEs and more.