- 24K annual patient encounters
- 12-14 patient encounters per day (admissions & rounding)
- 276 hospital beds
- 12 bed critical care unit
- 12 hour shifts
- 3 rounding day physicians (7 a.m. - 7 p.m.)
- 7 on / 7 off block schedule
- 1 Nocturnist (7 p.m. - 7 a.m.)
- 24/7 Intensivist access / closed ICU
- Occasional procedures for Nocturnist
- Cerner: EMR
Northwest Health-La Porte is an acute care center with leading programs in Cardiology, orthopedics, surgical services, emergency care, oncology and maternal health. The hospital has been the primary healthcare provider in this region, treating patients for over 40 years. Northwest Health-La Porte is the recipient of several distinctions including the Gold Fit-Friendly Worksite Award and it is a certified by the AACVPR as a Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehab Center. This facility is located just off the shores of Lake Michigan in Northern Indiana.
La Porte, Indiana offers low cost of living, endless recreational opportunities, and schools that have won national recognition. Purdue University and Valparaiso University are located under 20 miles from La Porte. This beautiful town is just 70 miles from downtown Chicago and 15 miles from the beautiful beaches of Lake Michigan.
We offer a competitive compensation package, leadership training and development, SCP University with over 200 hours of free CMEs and more.