Medical Director, Denials Management
It takes less than 5 mins. to apply directly via the website.
To apply for this position please visit [Register to View]
For an overview of all Medical Director positions with Versalus Health, please visit versalushealth.com/careers/
Office Location: Newtown Square, PA with REMOTE opportunities available
Versalus Health provides data-driven solutions combined with clinical operations support to hospitals and health systems to help them enhance Medicare compliance and improve financial performance. Versalus Health was founded by industry leaders who established the standard for reviews of Medicare short-stay cases and remain trusted advisors to hospitals across the country.
As a Medical Director, Denials Management, you will have the unique opportunity to evaluate hospitalizations across the country while utilizing your medical knowledge and gaining experience as an expert advisor to Versalus Health’s client hospitals. You will perform clinical case reviews and provide recommendations that focus on establishing the appropriate admission status. Versalus Health offers a career path that allows you to continue using your clinical knowledge, drive value to hospitals while providing you with a predictable schedule. This opportunity allows for the work/life balance you desire while expanding your knowledge base in Utilization Review.
The Impact You Will Have:
Versalus Health is led by like-minded clinicians who share the same innate calling to help. Hospitals nationwide have recently struggled with managing complex and unforeseen challenges such as global pandemics, complex regulatory updates, and downstream policy changes set forth by Medicare and private payer organizations – resulting in financial difficulty. Versalus Health physicians lead challenging and rewarding careers by providing our hospital clients with guidance to improve compliance and ensure appropriate payment for the care delivered. The impact of your role will allow attending physicians to focus on what is most important, providing dedicated care to the patients they serve.
Training (The first 3-4 weeks):
- Training will occur Monday-Friday 9A-5P ET
After Completion of Training:
- Schedule will be Monday-Friday, anywhere between 8a-5p ET to 10a-7p ET.
- Each of your shifts will be 9 hours in length, which includes one hour of dedicated break time.
- Includes an expectation of 1 weekend 6-hour shifts of “prep” for peer-to-peer cases, within a 6-week business period
Working at Versalus:
- All necessary hardware and software is provisioned to each of our Medical Directors
- You have the ability to work remotely in a comfortable environment
In This Role You Will:
- Perform Peer-to-Peer case discussions with payer medical directors
- Utilize clinical expertise to identify the salient points within a case review
- Perform focused real-time and post-discharge hospital case reviews in hospital’s EMR
- Identify areas of process improvements and inefficiencies
- Perform related duties and projects as assigned
Do You Have What It Takes?
- MD or DO degree with strong clinical knowledge
- Active unrestricted medical license in at least one state within the United States
- Required specialization in Adult Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Hospitalist, Nephrology, or Infectious Disease; Board certification (preferred)
- At a minimum, 1 year of acute care adult hospital experience in a US hospital within the past 5 years or recent relevant physician advisor experience
- Working knowledge of hospitals’ EMR
- Computer proficient
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team Player
- Quality of life with a remote predictable, full-time schedule
- Comprehensive training and education program
- Opportunities for career growth within the organization
- Salary plus bonus opportunities
- Medical, Dental, Vision coverage, 401K
- Holidays, paid time off, short term and long-term disability insurance, and life insurance
- Allowance for CME and/or license renewals
Physical requirements include, but not limited to, sitting for extended periods of time, repetitive movement of hands/fingers (i.e., typing and/or writing), and ability to talk and hear.
Versalus Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: Physician, MD; DO; non-clinical; Physician Advisor; Utilization Management; Utilization Review; Case Management; CDI