**Medical Director Opening in Kentucky**
-Located in Mayfield, KY.
-Full-time, permanent position.
Excellent, full-time opportunity for a facility medical director to lead the hospital medicine team in Mayfield, Kentucky. This is an excellent opportunity to practice with a leading inpatient medicine group, with a focus on patient care and quality. In this highly visible role, the facility medical director will set the tone of the practice and lead the clinical team to promote and support a collaborative practice environment with department leaders in nursing and hospital administration to ensure the best patient care is delivered. Prior leadership experience is preferred. Nights are covered by an advanced practice clinician call center with critical care certified advanced practice clinicians. The hospital also has 24-hour in-house intensivist coverage.
As the medical director, you will experience a rewarding career with an attractive 7 on/7 off shift schedule to support a balanced quality of life while earning lucrative compensation and bonus programs. The group offers paid professional liability insurance with tail coverage and comprehensive benefits. This is a great opportunity for someone who offers leadership experience and loves living in a more rural area.
**About the position**
- 7am - 7pm.
- No on-call duties.
- IM or FM; must be BE/BC.
- No new grads accepted.
- HM experience required.
- Can consider a strong Hospitalist who is interested in moving into a leadership position.
- Closed ICU.
- 24/7 Intensivists.
- Procedures are not required.
- Prefer competency with simple vent management.
- 12 - 15 patients per day per provider.
- Expanding program to a 4 physician program (2 physicians on during the day).
- APC coverage at night.
- HM responds to codes.
- 107 bed hospital.
- 11 bed ICU.
- Hourly compensation with quality and RVU bonus.
- Monthly leadership stipend.
- Signing and relocation incentives.
- Employed model with health benefits and retirement.
- Professional liability insurance with tail coverage.
- Stability of a respected industry leader.
- Access to professional development tools, educational resources and CME.
- Leadership and growth opportunities to further your career.
**Beautiful Kentucky town**
- Located in the western portion of Kentucky, just 20 minutes from the beautiful Land Between the Lakes, Mayfield is a family-focused community that's home to a 23-acre soccer complex, public and private pools, community park systems, libraries and a YMCA. The recent addition of the $35,000,000 Luther F. Carson Center for the Performing Arts brings Broadway productions to the region. The nearby city of Paducah has an abundance of events, festivals, antique shops, art galleries, museums, good shopping and a beautiful Historic Riverfront. Outdoor recreation abounds in Graves County, with numerous golf courses, biking, hiking and horseback riding trails. Many of these are located in the Land Between the Lakes (LBL), the second largest area of forested public land east of the Mississippi River. LBL features 300 miles of shoreline, 170,000 acres of forest and 200 miles of trails for biking, hiking, wildlife viewing and camping. There are 26 lake access areas with boat ramps, five courtesy docks, four fishing piers, and six beaches. LBL facilities include a nature center, a living history farm, planetarium and observatory, a horseback riding campground, public horse stable and an off-road vehicle area.