Hospitalist opening in Michigan
Located in Sault Ste. Marie, MI
Full-Time & Permanent
Seeking a BE/BC Family Medicine or Med/Peds doctor to join as a hospitalist.
- Physicians work 8-10 twenty-four hour shifts per month.
- Shifts do not require in-house coverage 24/7.
- Require candidates who are able to care for routine inpatient peds/newborns and also comfortable admitting to the ICU.
- Most specialties are available including critical care.
- Would prefer providers who are interested in doing basic procedures as well.
- Daily census averages from 6-15, but does fluctuate higher and lower.
- Processes/support services are in place for when census becomes too high, but this happens very infrequently.
- Most calls at night dont require physician to come into the hospital.
- Tremendous time off opportunity each month after working shifts with 21-23 consecutive days off.
- Competitive compensation ($2,500/shift) and benefit plan.
Hospital is located in Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan. This Upper Peninsula community is the 3rd oldest city in the United States. With a population of 17,500, Sault Ste. Marie is an area that continues to grow and thrive. Located just across the International Bridge is Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario with a population of 85,000. The twin Saults offer extensive opportunities for shopping, cultural events and tremendous recreational activities. The world famous Soo Locks are a huge summer attraction and bring thousands of tourists to the Sault every summer. Housing is very affordable in the Sault. Whether you are looking for something big, small, out of town, in the city or on the water, you will find something that fits your needs.
Sault Ste. Marie is also home to Lake Superior State University, a public institution with an enrollment of 3,000 students. The public school system is very strong and Washington Elementary was the first school in the Upper Peninsula to be awarded Blue Ribbon Exemplary School status. Access to both public and parochial elementary schools is available. Extracurricular activities are extensive and can meet the needs of the majority of kids.