Physicians who choose to lead at Sound thrive because they are willing to take risks, and focus on their teams while doing whatever they can to make their practice successful. We give aspiring leaders a foundation from which to grow into roles with additional responsibilities. Experienced leaders also have opportunities to fine-tune their skills through coaching and advanced content. Each of us deserves the opportunity to feel “comfortable, healthy, and happy” in the midst of our professional commitments so that we can do great work and experience joy in the practice of medicine. At Sound Physicians, we invest in our leaders through physician-led learning & development team so you can reach your greatest human potential.
- Sound’s “Well Being” program is solely focused on advancing the well-being of our clinicians
- Dedicated learning and development program that includes virtual and live events and mentorship designed to accelerate clinical leadership
- Clinician-specific tools focused on gaining insight into individual performance quality, satisfaction, and other key outcomes.
As a physician-founded and led organization, we know what matters to you. Trust, recognition, camaraderie, and hassle-free onboarding are just a few gears we hang our hat on. Our model is designed to challenge the status quo and transform the acute episode of care.
- You will have a dedicated staffing coordinator
- The regional operations team will provide you with ongoing reports to help manage performance
- Benefit from SoundMetrix, our robust data platform
- You will have a dedicated physician-led team for professional education focused on your individual development and growth
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
This leadership position is a support to the Medical Director. Responsibilities include assisting in the oversight of the hospitalist team. It is 100% clinical to include committee meeting attendance, interviewing, quality initiatives and interaction with hospital administration, teaching IM residents, and other duties. Compensation includes a leadership stipend, bonuses, and relocation.
Our Lady of Lourdes, one of the largest community hospitals in the tri-cities area of New York with 267 beds, is a designated stroke center and home to the region’s first comprehensive cancer center. The main campus also includes a hospice program, an Ambulatory Surgery Center, ICU, and state-of-the-art ED that cares for more than 40,000 patients annually. In addition to robust ancillary support, Our Lady of Lourdes is a growing teaching hospital. Sound’s hospitalists serve as attending physicians to residents and medical interns from Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine. This is a unique opportunity to teach and impact residents in a private practice setting.
Ascension Lourdes was recognized by US News and World Report as a Regionally Ranked Hospital, being ranked #21 in New York, and is rated high performing in 3 adult procedures and conditions: Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, colon cancer surgery, and heart failure.
- No procedures required; No call environment
- Co-managed ICU with intensivists; Hospitalist round ICU during a rotation block
- Teaching FM residents opportunities available
- Schedule: 7 on / 7 off
- Leadership stipend provided, plus RVUs, relocation reimbursement, and more. Exciting growth position!
- Board certification in internal medicine or family medicine with 2+ years of hospitalist leadership experience required
- J1 / H1B eligible facility; access to Sound’s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees for the visa are paid and filing services are covered
When you join Sound Physicians, you join an organization that strives to be the unmatched leader in improving quality and reducing the cost of healthcare in the communities we serve. You will make an impact on creating the best clinical outcomes and processes and feel empowered to be creative and utilize your leadership skills to problem solve and drive improvement.Location and Lifestyle
Binghamton is a midsize University town. The city has a thriving art community and serves as a regional hub for outdoor activities with miles of hiking and biking trails, as well as PGA golf courses. The community’s cost of living is 10% below the national average, and the public and parochial schools are nationally ranked. Binghamton University, part of the SUNY system, has been ranked in the top 50 public universities for the last 10 years. Recreation and leisure activities are plentiful in Binghamton’s four-season climate and include excellent dining, museums, minor league baseball and hockey, opera, galleries, and historic landmarks. Binghamton has its own airport and is only one hour away from Syracuse airport! Binghamton is also only a 2-hour drive to the Finger Lakes and a 3-hour drive to NYC and Philadelphia!