Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY) is one of the largest multi-disciplinary groups in the country whose main purpose is to nurture and embolden the healthcare providers who take care of the most fragile and vulnerable patients in New York City. PAGNY people do more than diagnose and treat; we uplift the spirits and dignity of patients because we love what we do, and it shows. PAGNY is committed to recruiting and retaining productive and enthusiastic physicians and promotes our health professionals’ wellness.
PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
NYC Health + Hospitals/Harlem, located on 135th Street in Manhattan, is a designated Level 1 Trauma Center and is recognized for providing centers of excellence in the areas of Bariatric Surgery, Breast Imaging and Sexual Assault Forensics. Our teams provide services for nearly 213,000 outpatient visits, more than 83,000 emergency room visits and over 13,000 inpatient admissions annually. The hospital maintains an academic affiliation with Columbia University Medical Center.Responsibilities:
The Hostpialist at Harlem Hospital Center (“Harlem”) has primary responsibility for the care and management of all patients on the General Medicine floors in the Department of Medicine (“Department”), with consultation provided by specialists.
This is a full-time position.
- Supervises Internal Medicine residents on rotation on the General Medicine floors.
- Ensures that all components of the history and physical examination, follow-up visits, consultations and other documentation of care are complete and accurate.
- Ensures that consultations are requested in a timely fashion.
- Ensures that all necessary documents and functions required for discharge are completed by the residents who report to the Hospitalist, including medication reconciliation, discharge summaries, provision of necessary patient information, patient contracts (where indicated), and prescriptions.
- Completes verifications in a timely fashion and provides all information required by Faculty Practice, the Department, Phycare or Harlem to ensure proper billing for services rendered.
- Ensures that all patients considered for discharge are notified at least 24 hours in advance, and that this notification is documented.
- Prepares appeals for his or her own patients’ hospitalizations or partial hospitalizations that are denied by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) or by payors.
- Ensures that the dignity and rights of patients are respected at all times.
- Board Certification or Eligibility in Internal Medicine
- Possess or eligible for a New York State Medical License
Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination is required prior to hire
Competitive compensation package
10% 401K company contribution after one year of service
Choice of a three-tiered nearly FREE medical plan
Excellent dental insurance including orthodontics coverage
Generous paid time off program
CME days and dollars
Eligibility for loan forgiveness through the National Student Debt Forgiveness Center
Visa candidates are considered
Medical Malpractice policy coverage
For more information regarding this opportunity, please email your CV to Suzanne Villegas, Physician Recruiter at [Register to View]
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V[Register to View]