STG International is recruiting a full-time Physician for the Hospice Palliative Care (HPC) Clinic in St. Cloud, Minnesota. This is a rewarding Federal staff position, not a contract.
HPC is a continuum of comfort-oriented and supportive services, with a goal to achieve the best possible quality of life through relief of suffering, control of symptoms, and restoration of functional capacity to the greatest extent possible.
HPC programs emphasize:
Comprehensive management of the physical, psychological, emotional, social, and spiritual needs of the Veterans
Palliative care emphasizes symptom control for life-limiting illness.
HPC Physician will work with an interdisciplinary team of professionals from medicine, nursing, social work, psychology, chaplaincy and other providers to meet the needs of Veterans and families served by this program.
(1) Citizen of the United States
(2) Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed. Approved schools are:
a) Schools of medicine holding regular institutional membership in the Association of American Medical Colleges for the year in which the degree was granted.
b) Schools of osteopathic medicine approved by the American Hematology Association for the year in which the degree was granted.
c) Schools (including foreign schools) accepted by the licensing body of a State, Territory, or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico), or in the District of Columbia as qualifying for full or unrestricted licensure.
(3) Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia
(4) Board certified or eligible in the applicable specialty based on VAMC need
(5) Completion of an accredited residency in the appropriate specialty based on VAMC need
(6) Proficient in spoken and written English as defined below:
a. The candidate’s primary and native written and spoken language is English.
b. The candidate has completed a combination of 4 or more years of education and/or experience as follows: 1) Education in this country or in any school in which the basic curriculum is conducted in English, which may include any time spent in graduate and postgraduate training. (2) Successful work experience in a health care facility in which the primary written and spoken language is English and in which the individual is required to communicate in English.
c. For physicians, any of the following additional criteria may be considered as qualifying for English language proficiency:
(7) Graduation from a medical school accredited by the LCME (Liaison Committee on Medical Education), as listed in the current Association of American Medical Colleges’ Directory.
(8) Graduation from a foreign medical school whose curriculum was taught and examined in English.
(9) United States citizenship by birth and graduation from a foreign medical school.
(10) Certification by the ECFMG (Educational Council for Foreign Medical Graduates) with a certificate dated 1976 or later.
(11) Successful completion of the VQE (Visa Qualifying Examination).
(12) Certification by an American Specialty Board. An American Specialty Board includes the 24 Member Boards of the American Boards of Medical Specialties.
Each year, tens-of-thousands of people visit St. Cloud for good times, bustling nightlife, amazing arts, and the natural beauty and recreation you’d expect from a city born on the mighty Mississippi River. For instance, the free live concert series “Summertime By George” offers 10,000+ people an outdoor weekly concert experience from June – August in a downtown park setting. When the temperature drops, the fun doesn’t stop. Join us for the “Weinachtsmarkt” (German Christmas Market) and “Winter Nights and Lights Parade” and see why [Register to View]
ranked St. Cloud a “Top Most Livable Winter City”.
St. Cloud is home to over 80 city parks, Mississippi River attractions, and the stunning beauty of Munsinger and Clemens Gardens. The Stearns History Museum and Minnesota Amateur Baseball Hall of Fame offer a fascinating glimpse of times-past. We also pride ourselves on nearly a dozen arts and theater options, including the legendary Paramount Theatre in the vibrant, historic downtown district. And we offer dozens of shopping, dining, and entertainment options in Downtown St. Cloud and Crossroads Center Mall. As a Central Minnesota hub of major attractions, events, and recreation opportunities, St. Cloud is a GREATER place to explore.