- 80% Administrative/Leadership, 20% Clinical.
- Responsible for medical direction of the care and treatment of the patients and their families rendered by the hospice care team
- Consult with and cooperate with patient's attending physician
- Educate practicing physicians and others engaged in health care services regarding the hospice program and its potential benefits to patients
- Oversight of a collegial staff of Physicians and Nurse Practitioners.
- 1:4 – 1:5 based on current staff. Typically, 1 weekday night per week (5-8 AM), 1 weekend per month and 1-2 Holidays per year.
- Monday – Friday 8:00 – 5:00; Mostly office-based.
- BC/BE in Hospice and Palliative Medicine with 3+ years of experience. Will consider candidates with the Hospice Medical Director Board Certification.
- Qualified candidates must have knowledge of the principles and practice of primary medical care, with at least a working knowledge of Oncology.
- Knowledge of palliative care with particular emphasis on control of symptoms associated with terminal illness.
- Ability to work collaboratively with patients' attending physicians to implement the hospice program and effect optimum medical care.
- Ability to work collaboratively with hospice employees and volunteers as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Base Compensation: Approximately $250,000
- Incentive pay: Based upon clinical visits.
- Sign-on bonus: Negotiable
- Northeastern Florida is home to world-class arts, family fun, and excellent cuisine not to mention great weather and a large number of schools.
Strelcheck Healthcare Search has been contracted by this facility to conduct all Physician screening. Please submit your CV for immediate consideration.