Join a hospital in Northern Alabama adding a Palliative Care Physician
to their team due to growth and program integration.
- Clinical time dedicated to inpatient Palliative Care consults with some hospice.
- Four weeks of Palliative Care coverage followed by Hybrid Coverage for two weeks. Position is approximately 75% Palliative Care and 25% Hospice.
- Palliative Care hours are 8 – 5, Monday – Friday.
- Hospice schedule is dependent on inpatient facility volume.
- Provision to include call rotation with program expansion.
- Future plans for Community-based Palliative Medicine.
- Board Eligible or Board Certified in Hospice and Palliative Medicine, Fellowship Training Preferred.
- Alabama Medical License.
- Alabama controlled substance certificate.
- Federal DEA.
- Willingness to supervise residents and to collaborate within an interdisciplinary framework.
- Demonstrate a desire to help increase Palliative Care access in the community.
- Base Compensation: $238,000
- Relocation and Recruitment Bonus
- Comprehensive benefits package
- CME allowance
- Fastest-growing metropolitan area in Alabama.
- No. 7 Best Place to Live in the U.S. by U.S. News and World Report.
- One of the Top 50 Best Places to Raise Children in the U.S. by Business Week.
- Area Schools named “National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence”, ranked 2nd in the state, and is a Top Producer of National Merit Students.