This regional medical center in Kansas City is seeking a full time BE/BC Hematologist-Oncologist who is fellowship trained in blood and marrow transplantation (BMT) to join our Cancer center. The ideal candidate would have a minimum of 3 years of experience in autologous and allogeneic transplantation, as well as cellular therapy. Our program features a multidisciplinary cancer program that is anchored by four accredited hospitals and complemented by numerous cancer care outreach sites located in communities throughout Kansas City.
The Cancer Center provides comprehensive outpatient services and a dedicated inpatient oncology unit supported by a multidisciplinary team of specialists and staffed by oncology-certified nurses.
- Program features a multidisciplinary cancer program that is anchored by four accredited hospitals and complemented by numerous cancer care outreach sites located in communities throughout Kansas City
- Program Medical directorship available
- Growing team of two physicians, one advanced practice provider, dedicated program heme navigator, and transplant coordinator
- Dedicated program PharmD, pharmacists, Apheresis department
- Dedicated 16-bed inpatient malignant hematology cell therapy unit and 6-bed inpatient neutropenic suite
- Planned 2022 construction of state-of-the-art 9,000 square foot combined outpatient infusion clinic and 8-bed Apheresis and Day Hospital suite
- Fellowship trained in blood and marrow transplantation is required
- Ideal candidate would have a minimum of three years of experience in autologous and allogeneic transplantation as well as cellular therapy
- Aptitude for physician leadership within the blood cancer and transplant program
- Board certified or board eligible hematologist oncologist
- Eligible for state licensure in Missouri
- Unmatched potential for flexibility and career growth
- Competitive salary with incentive based package
- Sign on bonus and generous student loan repayment
- Comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, life, and disability
- Time away from work combines paid time off, disability coverage and leaves of absence
- CME time and dues allowances
- 401k with company matching
- Employee stock purchase plan
About the Medical Center:
- We partner with Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute to bring world-class cancer care close to home. The Sarah Cannon cancer network expands across the United States to the United Kingdom, allowing expertise to be shared globally—and applied locally.
- The Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute is a network of hospitals and physicians that bring together the latest in cancer treatment, technology, and comprehensive services close to home, providing patients throughout our region with a new level of care and support as they face cancer.
- The Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute is a network-accredited cancer program, one of only 63 nationally to earn network accreditation.
- Experience a positive, professional work environment in a top tier facility located in one of the most livable cities in the heart of America. The Medical Center offers high-tech care in a beautiful, comfortable setting designed to exceed the expectations of those we serve.
- With 590+ licensed beds and 700+ physicians, the hospital features robust inpatient services including level 1 trauma, level 1 STEMI, oncology, comprehensive stroke program, and many more key services.
About Kansas City:
The Kansas City region is a two-state region home to more than 2.5 million people as well as home to corporate headquarters giants including Cerner, AMC, Garmin, Hallmark and H&R Block, among many others. KCI Airport features 10 major airlines and the fewest flight delays, making travel easy. With non-stop flights available, you can be on either coast in 3 hours or less. For the food enthusiast—KC features four James Beard Award winning chefs and about a dozen finalists. Kansas City ranked No. 19 on Forbes' list of the 20 Happiest Cities to Work in Right Now.
For more information, please contact [Register to View]