This job is archived
This southwest GA health system, a JCAHO accredited facility, is seeking aboard certified/board eligible Hematology/Oncology physician to join a thriving hospital employed Hematology/Oncology practice. Board-eligible candidates may be considered subject to obtaining Board Certification status within one year of employment.
This salaried physician will receive a competitive salary based on MGMA guidelines, full health system employee benefits (including profit sharing, relocation expenses and educational loan assistance), as well as, office setup and support from the health system administrative management team.
- Call 1 in 6, very light. Typically 2-3 patient phone calls, no admissions. Evening/ night admissions go to hospitalists.
- Daily admissions by hospitalists, you are a consultant only!
- Only one hospital to round in. Average 3-5 inpatients a day, 12 on weekends.
- 12-15 patient visits per day in the office.
- Two local community outreach sites with outpatient office and chemotherapy services.
- Multiple pharma and cooperative group trials on site.
- All procedures done by Interventional radiology to include bone marrow biopsies and IT chemotherapy.
- Two Nurse Practitioners to see your patients when you are out, or help you in clinic when needed and supervise chemotherapy.
- Radiation Oncology located on site at main location. In addition to conventional radiotherapy, stereotactic beam radiotherapy and gamma knife radiotherapy also available on site.
- Adequate support staff, to include dieticians, social workers, and patient navigators.
- Very collegial working environment amongst the partners and support staff, this would be a highly valued qualification for a serious candidate.
The Medical Center is a four-hospital, three nursing-home system with 540 beds. It employs more than 2,500 people and boasts an outstanding medical staff of more than 160 qualified specialists. Our flagship hospital is a 264 bed, not–for–profit hospital, offering state–of–the–art facilities with 140+ physicians on staff with a service area over 200,000. It has a new state-of-the-art, 90,000 sq. ft. Heart and Vascular Center and is a Level II Trauma Center. It has been named to U.S. News and World Report’s list of America’s Best Hospitals three years in a row.
Our community is a "micropolitan" town just 30 minutes from the Florida state capital in Tallahassee. Once a weekend-getaway spot for the rich and powerful-President Dwight Eisenhower was known to play golf at a local country club-Thomasville still sports a small-town feel. Lush oak trees and quaint Victorian houses dot its landscape, home to roughly 20,000 (40,000 in Thomas County). The city has a newly revitalized, brick-paved downtown that includes an eclectic mix of restaurants and luxury stores. Golf, fishing and hunting opportunities are abundant. U.S. News & World Report, Consumer Reports and USA TODAY featured Thomasville as an ideal community for retirees looking for the good life in small places. Thomasville's beautiful downtown is a Great American Main Street Award recipient.
For more information, please contact [Register to View]