- Practice Setting: primarily outpatient, very minimal inpatient
- Starting ASAP
- Monday-Friday 8-9 hour days
- Call rotation: 1/4
- Adult & Geriatric patients
- 50% Hem / 50% Onc
- 2 radiation oncologists in practice
- 4 APPs in practice
- 12-16 patients per day
- Level III trauma
- EMR: Mosaiq
- Required procedures: Management of VAD/CV Catheters & Intrathecal chemo
- Required duties: participation on a Tumor Board, order tests, order images, prescribes
- Nurse administers chemo according to the orders from the physician
- Credentialing timeframe: ~ 3 months
- MercyOne North Iowa promotes excellent work life balance supporting quality family time with 5-6 call days per month, one holiday per year, at home call available, and post call day off.
- Physician support before, during, and after each procedure
- All surgical procedures available, except transplants; limited pediatrics; support OB, Cath Lab, and ED.
- 34 days of time off, annually
- Annual CME allowance of $3,000
- Employer sponsored professional liability insurance & tail insurance coverage
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance
- Short and long-term disability coverage
- 403(b) retirement program with employer contribution and employer matching; Optional 457(b) Deferred Compensation Plan
- Cost of Living for area is 24% lower than national average
- Centrally located in the middle of everywhere; within two hours of Minneapolis-St. Paul and Des Moines; Local airport with daily direct flights to Chicago.
- Top 10 Best States to Practice Medicine in, Forbes’ Best States for Business, and Money Rates; Best U.S. state for young adults.
- Cost of living 24% lower than the U.S. average.
- Tired of wasting hours each day behind the windshield? Enjoy a minimal commute-under a 10-minute drive to the hospital from anywhere in Mason City.
About the Facility
[Register to View] />
On a local level, MercyOne North Iowa Medical Center is a 342 bed regional referral teaching hospital with a service area that spans 15 counties across northern Iowa and southern Minnesota, serving a population over 260,000 people. We offer ambulatory care through our Family Medicine Clinics (a primary care and specialty physician network), a home health agency, a hospice, a regional referral laboratory, regional rehabilitation and diagnostic technology services, pharmacies, an emergency services network with air medical and a variety of other health care services. With most of our specialty services all conveniently located under one roof, there is little to no need to transfer care to another location. Our vast and exceptional specialties include, but are not limited to, cancer care, cardiology, cardio thoracic surgery, gastroenterology, neurosurgery, orthopedics, otolaryngology, plastic & reconstructive surgery, pulmonology, rheumatology, vascular and wound services.
We are a regional Graduate Medical Education facility with Internal Medicine Residency, Family Medicine Residency, PGY1 Pharmacy Residency, Cardiology & Interventional Cardiology Fellowship and Palliative Care Fellowship programs. MercyOne North Iowa holds management agreements with seven rural primary care hospitals, making us the premier rural health care delivery network in northern Iowa and southern Minnesota.