- Full-time, employed position
- Thriving practice that includes a mix of medical oncology along with malignant and benign hematology.
- Opportunity to also engage with tumor specific groups through the utilization of eConsults, presentation at enterprise tumor boards, and engagement with aligned research opportunities.
- Internal teaching opportunities exist for rotating medical students, onsite Family Medicine residents, and Hematology or Medical Oncology Fellows.
- The practice currently has four full-time Hem/Med Onc physicians, two part-time Hem/Med Onc physicians, three full-time Nurse Practitioners, one full-time Hem/Med Onc Ambulatory Pharmacist embedded in the practice, two onsite Genetic Counselors, Clinic & Infusion RNs, Certified Medical Assistants, and additional support services such as Social Work (Cancer Guide), Dietician, Chaplain, Financial Counselors, and Research Coordinators. An acute care cancer clinic is being implemented with an incremental fourth Advanced Practice Provider to support growing practice needs.
Details of the position include:
- Call: Will be 1:5 that is equally divided among providers for week days, weekends and holidays over a one year period. (Weekend call – Friday 5 p.m. to Monday 7 a.m. / Weekday call – 5 p.m. to 7 a.m.)
- Outpatient: 4.5 Clinic work days per week with one afternoon off per week (or one full day off every other week). Possibility of one day off each week if longer clinical days.
- Inpatient: Hematology/Oncology patients are admitted by the Hospitalist team with appropriate consultations by oncology/hematology and support of inpatient chemotherapy patients as necessary. Future state will have Advanced Practice Provider to assist with inpatient work.
- Outreach: Weekly outreach one day per week
- FTE: While 1.0 FTE is desirable, open to reduced clinical FTE between 0.8 - 1.0 FTE to support work-life balance or endeavors in research of education.
- Visa Sponsorship available
- Must have M.D., D.O. or foreign degree equivalent.
- Must be eligible for Wisconsin medical license and must be board-certified/board-eligible in Oncology and Hematology, or in final year of ACGME accredited program leading to certification.
Metro area of ~200k is a wonderful town and community to raise a family with strong schools, low crime rate, and a reasonable cost of living. An abundance of outdoor activities and an upcoming music and art scene, the city has all of the retail one could hope for! The major metro area of Minneapolis/St. Paul is a short drive away!
As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment that values the diversity of its employees and does not discriminate against any employee or candidate. Women, minorities, veterans, people from the LGBTQ communities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply to join our teams. Reasonable accommodations to access job openings or to apply for a job are available.
APPLY HERE TODAY TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS AMAZING OPPORTUNITY