Magee Women’s Specialty Services at UPMC Somerset has an immediate opportunity available for a full-time surgical gynecology provider to join a growing practice with a seasoned staff which includes two CRNPs, support staff, and currently three surgeons who rotate to the Somerset office two days each a month. Must have an MD or equivalent, be BC or BE in Ob/Gyn with the ability to obtain an unrestricted PA license. H1B visa sponsorship available.
- Opportunity exists for the candidate to grow volumes very quickly with surgical gynecology patients having limited access elsewhere in the region.
- General gynecological examinations, procedures such as endometrial biopsies, IUD insertion and removal, and colposcopies are performed in the office located across from the hospital.
- Minor/Major surgical procedures are performed at UPMC Somerset
- The Same Day Surgery unit of UPMC Somerset is a 20-bed outpatient suite with the OR housing six operating theaters.
- The Department of Surgery at UPMC Somerset as well as the outpatient physician practice have consistently received high customer service scores for their quality and patient safety.
- The practice is open for patient services Monday through Friday and closed all major holidays.
- There are plans for expansion to a larger facility in the Fall of 2022 to allow for practice growth.
What we Offer
- Occurrence based malpractice
- Sign-on Bonus or relocation assistance of $10,000
- Clinical Academic appointment
- CME allowance of $4166 annually
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience
- Outstanding benefit package including health, dental, vision and pension
- 30 days PTO plus holidays
- H1B visa sponsorship
About UPMC Somerset Hospital and UPMC
- UPMC Somerset is a 111-bed community hospital serving a population of 74,000
- With over 850 employees, UPMC-Somerset serves as a Primary Stroke Center as well as services in Family Medicine, Gastroenterology, Orthopedics, Cardiology, Pulmonary Medicine, Pain Management, Surgical services, Urology and Women’s Health.
- UPMC is a $23 billion world-renowned health care provider and insurer
- 92,000 employees, including 4,900 physicians
- Over 40 academic, community and specialty hospitals
- Over 800 doctors’ offices and outpatient sites
- UPMC is inventing new models of accountable, cost-effective, patient-centered care
- Closely affiliated with University of Pittsburgh, ranked among the top 10 recipients of National Institutes of Health research funding since 1998
About the Community
- Very reasonable cost of living
- Beautiful, rural living in a safe town with all the amenities and a friendly, community vibe
- Close proximity to the Pennsylvania turnpike and US-219 allows easy access to larger cities such as Pittsburgh and Washington D.C.
- Somerset Historical Center, a 150-acre countryside history museum
- Merchant Village, a 20,000 sq ft building supporting local businesses with 160 vendors
- Laurel Arts’ Education and Dance Center as well as numerous fairs and festivals that celebrate the culture of the area
- Jager and Friends Dog Park, Quecreek Mine Rescue Site, Glades Pike Winery
- The Great Allegheny Passage which runs through Somerset County is a 334-mile car-free trail for hikers, runners and cyclists connecting Pittsburgh to Washington, D.C.
- Home to three of the top ski resorts in the eastern U.S.
- Somerset is the ultimate 4-season, outdoor playground with abundant, picturesque state parks for cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, snowmobile trails, snowboarding, bicycling, whitewater rafting, paddleboarding, kayaking, hiking, boating, skeet shooting, zip lining, ATV riding, and much more!
- Somerset County is home to several golf courses, ranging from nine-hole community courses to PGA-rated resort courses.
- Excellent public and private schools, colleges and universities
Interested candidates should send their CV to Lori Leo, [Register to View]
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Individuals hired into this role must comply with UPMC’s COVID vaccination requirements upon beginning employment with UPMC.
More than just competitive pay and benefits, [Register to View] package cares for you in all areas of life — because we believe that you’re at your best when receiving the support you need: professional, personal, financial, and more.
At UPMC, we’re driven by shared values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety, Dignity & Respect, Caring & Listening, Responsibility & Integrity, Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.