HEADLINE: Baltimore, MD: Gastroenterologist is needed to join a busy hospital group based at a highly regarded teaching hospital. ERCP and EUS skills are preferred. Teaching and Research opportunities are available! They currently have four Gastroenterologists, three Nurse Practitioners, and two Physician Assistants. $ Very competitive financial compensation package. Strong earning potential!
This hospital-based Gastroenterology group is located in Baltimore, Maryland.
- Board Eligibility or Board Certified in Gastroenterology with successful completion of a formal GI fellowship program.
- Skills: EGD/colonoscopy, interventional Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS) and ERCP skills are all preferred.
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- A BE/BC Gastroenterologist with the above interventional skills (preferred) is needed to join a busy hospital employed group.
- They work at a a highly regarded teaching hospital.
- Their GI practice currently includes four Gastroenterologists, three Nurse Practitioners and two Physician Assistants. |
- They provide inpatient services at their teaching hospital, and outpatient services for the surrounding community.
- Inpatient transfers and outpatient referrals of more complicated GI patients from affiliated facilities are common, including requests for advanced endoscopic procedures.
- Call coverage: It is rotation based/excess pay. The new GI will only cover one hospital.
- They also have an excellent support staff consisting of on-site nursing and APP support.
- They also have on-site lab services available.
- They use Cerner EMR system.
- There is opportunity to participate and mentor medical students and residents in clinical and QI research projects in this hospital’s freestanding Internal Medicine Residency Program.
- Availability: Gastroenterology fellows and Gastroenterologists who have prior work experience and are practicing are all welcome to apply.
- Their physicians are all employed by this very well-regarded teaching hospital. This hospital is part of and owned by a regional health-care system.
- They are offering a competitive starting base salary. It will be commensurate with the Gastroenterologist’s experience.
- There is also a RVU-based productivity incentive/bonus.
- They also offer a comprehensive fringe benefits package which includes, but is not limited to: It includes but is not limited to: medical liability insurance, life and disability insurance, a CME stipend, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs), free parking, 403(b) retirement plan, 457(b) Deferred Compensation Plan, paid time off, and more!
- The earning potential is strong!
INFORMATION REGARDING BALTIMORE, MARYLAND:
- The population of the Baltimore metropolitan area is about 2.8 million people.
- Baltimore is Maryland’s largest city, and the second largest seaport in the Mid-Atlantic.
- It is also an exciting city, with charming neighborhoods, ethnic and cultural diversity, Chesapeake Bay cuisine and a wealth of history.
- This great city also offers excellent educational facilities.
- You will also be able to take full advantage of, and have easy accessibility to, historical Washington, D.C., which is located only one hour away.
- Baltimore has a wide variety of restaurants to satisfy nearly every palate.
- It is also a sports fan's dream come true, including baseball, football and soccer teams.
- A temperate climate, beautiful waterfront homes, great shopping, superb dining options, excellent educational facilities, and a plethora of cultural activities all contribute to making Baltimore a great city to live and practice general and interventional gastroenterology.
[Register to View]