Title: Attending Physician Gastroenterologist
Location: New York Metro Area, NY
Occupational Category: Physician
Description: Our client, one of the country's largest health network, is seeking to hire an Attending Gastroenterologist, Advanced Endoscopist. This opportunity would receive an academic appointment as an Assistant Professor of Medicine. The Gastroenterologist, Advanced Endoscopist will provide diagnosis, treatment, coordination of care, preventive care and health maintenance.
- Examine and treat disorders and diseases of the nutritional problems and malabsorption, Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) a host of other disease conditions colon and bowel cancers, including pancreatitis and pancreatic cancers.
- Train GI fellows, Internal Medicine residents and medical students, as well as direct patient care.
- Review patient's history and perform physical examinations.
- Evaluate, diagnose and provide appropriate treatment and patient care.
- Recommend suitable management for the patient, including preventive health recommendations and habits.
- Prescribe medications and formulate ongoing treatment and disease management plans.
- Collect and record patient information, such as medical histories, reports and examination results. Maintain complete and accurate medical records.
- Communicate effectively with the clinical team to ensure total delivery of quality care.
- MD or DO
- Board Eligible/Board Certified in Internal Medicine, with Fellowships in Gastroenterology and or Advance Endoscopy
- Hold accreditation from the American College of Gastroenterology, the American Gastroenterological Association, and the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- New York State medical license or be eligible for licensure
- Active Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) registration or be eligible for registration
- Seeking both experienced and newly trained providers