**Gastroenterology opening: Ocala, FL**
~ 75m to Orlando
~ New Grads Welcome
**About the Job**
- Join an experienced staff and 2 providers a board certified gastroenterologist and nurse practitioner
- Nurse practitioner assists with seeing patients in the hospital as well
- Practice is housed in a large office space with room to add an additional provider
- Procedures done at 3 affiliated centers
- New grads are welcome
- No ERCP or EUS required but available if interested
- Board eligibility / board certification required.
**Medical Center Details**
Medical Center is a 2-facility health system with 360 beds growing to 410 beds in early 2019. Facilities have been consistently growing over the course of the last 5 years, having invested $136 M in capital improvements through 2016. Facility has another $110 M in construction underway to include expansion of ER, OR, and IP Bed Capacity at both facilities. Center is a high functioning Level II Trauma Center. The facility also leads a growing GME program in partnership with UCF.
Ocala is a remarkable town for raising a family and includes one of Floridas top elementary schools. Marion County, with Ocala at its heart, boasts of winding community pathways that are canopied with oak trees and dangling trellises of Spanish Moss, Silver Springs - Nature's Theme Park, the Ocala National Forest, the rolling green fields of horse farms, historic districts, outstanding golf courses, friendly communities, crystal-clear rivers, and fresh-water springs. Also, the climate makes Marion County a vacation destination year-round. Marion County has a population of approximately 350,000 and is conveniently located one hour from the east and west coasts of Florida and one hour from Orlando.