**Faculty Gastroenterology opening: Tyler, TX**
~ 1.5hrs to Dallas
~ 1.5hrs to Shreveport
**About the Job**
- Comprehensive program provides collaborative, multi-disciplinary care and access to cutting edge technologies.
- Medical Group is experiencing a period of unprecedented growth and development coupled with institutional expansion throughout east Texas.
- Traditional gastroenterology practice with outpatient, inpatient, and call duties.
- Ideal candidates should have additional training or experience in EUS & ERCP.
- Candidates must be eligible for licensure in Texas and board certified or board eligible.
*Comprehensive program provides collaborative, multi-disciplinary care and access to cutting edge technologies. Medical Center is also experiencing a period of unprecedented growth and development coupled with institutional expansion throughout east Texas.*
- Competitive income with state of Texas benefits package
- Excellent physician schedule and lifestyle
- Friendly work environment with established physicians
- Advanced diagnostics and technology on site
**Medical Center Details**
Medical Center is the 502-bed flagship facility of the East Texas system, which is comprised of 10 hospitals, more than 50 physician clinics, the Olympic Plaza Tower, 13 regional rehabilitation facilities, two freestanding emergency centers, regional home health services covering 41 counties, an EMS fleet of more than 45 ambulances and four helicopters, and a comprehensive seven-trauma center care network, including a Level 1. As a partner with the University of Texas System, Medical Center is uniquely positioned to provide east Texas patients with access to leading-edge research and clinical therapies while training and educating the next generation of physicians and other health professionals. Graduate Medical Education is an integral component of Medical Center and includes accredited residency programs in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Occupational Medicine, and Psychiatry.
Tyler is an affordable metropolitan city of over 190,000 offering cultural diversity, a major university campus, a healthy range of medium to large size businesses, and is known for its rolling hills, forested landscapes, lakes, pine trees, Rose Garden, and a number of arts and educational venues. Dallas and Shreveport, Louisiana are within 90 minutes driving time from Tyler
- Outstanding area public and private schools high test scores
- Small-town comforts with easy proximity to metropolitan cities
- A family-oriented lifestyle
- The many lakes, tall pines and ideal climate make for scenic views and great outdoor recreation
- Affordable housing and low cost of living
- Various lifestyle choices for living lake front, historical homes, or suburban all within 10 to 15 minutes from the clinic/hospital
- No state income tax