Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY) is one of the largest multi-disciplinary groups in the country whose main purpose is to nurture and embolden the healthcare providers who take care of the most fragile and vulnerable patients in New York City. PAGNY people do more than diagnose and treat; we uplift the spirits and dignity of patients because we love what we do, and it shows. PAGNY is committed to recruiting and retaining productive and enthusiastic physicians and promotes our health professionals’ wellness.
PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
NYC Health + Hospitals/Kings County operates a world-renowned Level 1 Trauma Center, one of only three in the borough, which serves 2.6 million residents of Brooklyn and Staten Island. NYC Health + Hospitals/Kings County maintains close relationships with NYC Health + Hospitals’ diagnostic, post-acute, and long-term care centers. The hospital is academically affiliated with SUNY Downstate Medical Center.
Kings County is located in the East Flatbush/Prospect-Lefferts section of Brooklyn, close to the 2 and 5 subways. Our patients are diverse, with the majority being afro-Caribbean. Most of our patients are native English speakers. Knowledge of French/Haitian Creole is helpful, but not required.Responsibilities:
PAGNY/Kings County is looking for a dedicated, patient-centered Internist to work with the Department of Primary Care at NYC Health + Hospitals/Kings County.
Kings County's Primary Care Center is a Level 3 Patient-Centered Medical Home, with a full electronic medical record, population health registries, and multi-disciplinary care teams. As a primary care provider, the physician will collaborate with RNs, Medical Assistants, and Nurse Practitioners. Our medical staff is a large, but tight-knit, supportive community with multiple opportunities for ongoing learning, teaching, and quality improvement.
- Provide comprehensive primary care to a panel of patients in the outpatient setting
- To provide comprehensive high-quality primary care addressing acute needs, chronic illnesses, and age appropriate preventative health screens
- To order or perform appropriate therapeutic treatment and diagnostic tests, ensuring closed-loop communication of abnormal findings with patients
- To work with an interdisciplinary care team of RNs, PCAs, and Clerks to plan and anticipate patient needs to facilitate high-quality, safe and efficient patient care
- To utilize a team of subspecialty consultants, behavioral health specialists, diabetes care managers, social workers, and others to assess and address social health and psychosocial needs
- To participate in daily operational and patient-centered medical home huddles, prioritizing starting the practice on time
- To focus on chronic disease outcomes improvement using population health management and team-based care
- To utilize RN Collaborative Care Model for Depression, DM Education Classes, DM Care Management, and the Treat to Target Program for Hypertension to care for patients with these illnesses
- To assist with, facilitate, and perform work pertaining to continuous quality improvement
- To provide complete documentation in the computerized medical record
- To supervise and evaluate medical residents, medical students, and nurse practitioner students with respect to the practice of adult primary care, as outlined above
- To provide on-call services by phone, based on scheduled rotation
- To conduct clinic business and patient care responsibilities, in accordance with the policies and procedures of Kings County Hospital
- To adhere to performance improvement standards and clinical guidelines of the ambulatory care practice
- To attend weekly Primary Care Grand Rounds and Adult Primary Care Meetings
- Board Certified or Eligible in Internal Medicine
- Possess or eligible for a New York State Medical License
- Fluency in French Creole, Circum-Caribbean French, Haitian Creole a plus
Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination is required prior to hire
- Competitive compensation package
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service
- Choice of a three-tiered nearly FREE medical plan
- Excellent dental insurance including orthodontics coverage
- Generous paid time off program
- CME days and dollars
- Eligibility for loan forgiveness through the National Student Debt Forgiveness Center
- Visa candidates are considered
- Medical Malpractice policy coverage
For more information regarding this opportunity, please email your CV to Suzanne Villegas, Physician Recruiter at [Register to View]
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V[Register to View]