As a part of the OptumCare network, American Health Network is seeking a Primary Care Physician to join our growing team in Indiana with multiple practice locations available. At Optum, we are transforming healthcare nationally while providing physician-led care locally. Work with the largest care delivery organization in the world and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
- Physician-led, patient centered team-based environment
- Provide care across the continuum, focusing on value-based care and supported by a robust team of specialists
- Procedures can include, but not limited to: simple skin surgery, fracture care, joint injections, maternity care, IUD's, etc
- Fewer patients per day, longer patient visits
- Full-time, schedule can be 4 or 4.5 workdays per week
- Open to BC/BE Internal Medicine physicians
- Must be comfortable workign with advanced providers
What makes an OptumCare organization different?
- Providers are supported to practice at the peak of their license
- We recognize that if you want to provide good care and do it well, you can’t do it alone – this is the foundation of the team-based care model
- The culture is one of clinical innovation and transformation
- We are influencing change on a national scale while still maintaining the culture and community of our local care organizations
Compensation & Benefits Highlights:
- Compensation based on quality, not quantity - including incoming guarantee with bonus incentives
- Dedicated CME Time & Allowance
- Excellent PTO package
- Robust retirement package including employer funded contributions
- ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- Company paid malpractice insurance and tail coverage
- Physician partnership opportunities with OptumCare
About American Health Network:
At American Health Network, transforming the delivery of health care across the north central United States is our passion. Founded in 1994, we are an established multi-specialty, physician-led, integrated healthcare delivery system with 300 providers that care for over 250,000 patients throughout our 70 locations. We offer a full range of outpatient primary care and over 25 different specialties including comprehensive radiology services and urgent care. American Health Network is also committed to the provider experience and understand that the best path to better patient care is by ensuring that providers and staff are happy, engaged and productive.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Optum is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Optum is a drug-free workplace. © 2020 Optum. All rights reserved.
- Unrestricted licensure in the state of (Indiana/Ohio) or has (Indiana/Ohio) application in process
- Board certification or board eligibility in Family Medicine
- Active and unrestricted DEA License or ability to obtain prior to start
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
The Optum Story:
At Optum, we’ve found that putting clinicians at the center of care is the best way to improve lives. Our physician-led organization is one of the most dynamic and progressive health care organizations in the world, serving over 14 million people through more than 38,000 aligned physicians and 9,000 advanced practice clinicians. You will find our team working in local clinics, surgery centers and urgent care centers, within care models focused on managing risk, higher quality outcomes and driving change through collaboration and innovation. Learn more about our journey at [Register to View] .
Would you thrive with Optum?
- Do you practice evidence-based medicine?
- Are you seeking a practice focused on patient-centered quality care, not volume?
- Are you a team player – comfortable delegating and empowering teams?
- Are you constantly seeking better ways to do things?
- Do you want to be part of something better?
Job Keywords: Physician, Primary Care, Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Kokomo, IN, Indiana