As a part of our continued growth, we are searching for a new Family Medicine Physician to join our team!
The Physician is responsible for the day to day clinical care of patients. The Provider manages the health of patients by providing preventive evaluations and wellness education, and treatment of acute and chronic illnesses/conditions. The Provider is responsible for the coordination of care with specialists and appropriate ancillary services.
- Examines, diagnoses and treats patients for acute injuries, infections, and illnesses
- Counsels and educates patients and families about acute and chronic conditions or concerns
- Documents items such as: appropriate chief complaint, past medical, family, and social history, review of systems, examinations, medications, allergies, assessment and plan
- Formulates diagnostic and treatment plans
- Prescribes and administers medications, therapies, and procedures
- Orders lab and imaging tests to determine and manage an immediate treatment plan and provides advice on follow up
- Responsible for the coordination of care with specialists and appropriate ancillary services
- Completes all documentation and paperwork in a timely manner
- Maintains quality of care standards as defined by the practice
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Active and unrestricted California MD/DO license
- Current and unrestricted DEA certificate required
- Ability to work without direct supervision and practice autonomously
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- 1 or more years of practice experience
- Board Certified or eligible in Family Medicine
- Managed Care/IPA/Health Plan experience
- Bilingual in Spanish or Chinese
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Family Medicine Physician, MD, DO, outpatient clinic, Riverside County, Chino Hills, CA