Primary Care Float Physician
Optum / Tampa Bay, Florida
Do what you love with people you love.
Life Changing Work
Want to bring your passion to work and your practice to life? Looking for a team that looks out for you? Want to make a real difference in the lives you touch?
LOOK NO FURTHER.
We’re passionate about patients. We’re leading the state of Florida towards better healthcare practices. And we’re looking for amazing doctors like you.
WHY BE A FLOAT PHYSICIAN?
- Working at different clinics brings variety to daily work.
- All effort is made to schedule at clinics closer to home.
- Reduced patient volume to account for unfamiliarity with patients.
- Adjustment of start/end times (start late, end early) for longer commutes.
- No weekends/holidays.
- No off hour call.
- Great way to explore the area and exposure to a variety of clinics before deciding on long term plan.
SERVE YOUR PATIENTS.
- Dedicated support: Get a large support staff per provider in the clinic.
- A robust healthcare system: We have nearly 90 locations throughout the Tampa, St. Petersburg, Clearwater, Orlando and South Florida areas.
- A nationwide family: You’ll have the full strength of Optum behind you, including our breakthrough research and our vast experience as a national leader delivering local care, with over 39,000 physicians in over 1,200 clinics.
LOVE YOUR TEAM.
- A community of care: We work together closely, laugh together readily, and support each other earnestly.
- A culture of collaboration: We partner within teams, across roles, and between physician leaders.
BECOME YOUR BEST.
- Balance: Monday through Friday schedule with no night or weekend office hours, no call. Mileage reimbursement. Ample admin time in the morning and afternoon. Reasonable patient load with 40/20 appointment model.
- Professional development: Receive ongoing opportunities to build your skills and grow your career.
- A stunning hometown: Tampa Bay is a vibrant area with diverse cultures and rich history. You can enjoy professional sporting events, white sand beaches, numerous water sports, and a fantastic restaurant scene.
- An industry-leading package: We offer a competitive salary with bonuses based on quality outcomes, paid time off/holidays, medical/dental/life insurance plans, paid malpractice insurance with tail, and other excellent benefits.
REQUIREMENTS / PREFERENCES
- MD/DO degree from an accredited medical school and completed residency in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine.
- Current Florida state license and DEA certificate required prior to start date
- Board eligible or board certified. If eligible, able to achieve and maintain certification within 2 years of joining.
- Managed care experience a plus.
- Must be able to travel locally.
Ready to begin your life’s best work?