Life Changing Work
Want to make a real difference in the lives you touch? LOOK NO FURTHER.
Optum is a physician-led, close-knit team that has been long-respected in Southern California. We are passionate about patients. We are leading the state of California toward better healthcare practices. And we are looking for amazing doctors like you!
We have immediate opportunity for Lead Physician based in the Long Beach community. This immediate clinical leadership opportunity will be responsible for oversight and outcomes for clinicians at three outpatient clinics and to share accountability with Director, Operations for quality patient care, clinical excellence and financial performance.
- Primary Clinic Location: Optum– Willow (2600 Redondo Avenue, LB)
- Position will be approximately .7 FTE clinical and .3 FTE leadership / administrative role
- Patient Schedule: Average of 18 - 20 patients per day
- Initial consults, follow up appointments; office procedures, outpatient setting only
- Established patient panel; primarily adult and senior patient base
- Direct and coordinate all clinical activities that impact our patients at three designated clinic sites in Long Beach community
- Ensure all clinical services meet regulatory and quality standards and guidelines
- Work collaboratively with regional leadership team and clinical Pod Lead team
- Participate in interview and hiring process for new clinicians
- Unrestricted CA Physician License
- Current CA DEA certificate required prior to start date
- BE/BC in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine
- Minimum 2-3 years’ Primary Care experience req’d; managed care background preferred
- Comfortable seeing newborns to geriatric age patients
- Minimum 1-3 years of recent leadership experience required
- Ability to develop positive interaction with patients, families, physicians, administrators and teammates in order to effectively care for the patient.
- Physician engagement, mentor and coach clinicians
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- EMR Proficient
Long Beach Community: Optum clinics are conveniently located in the heart of Long Beach with easy freeway access to Los Angeles and San Diego and nearby access to Pacific Coast. Satisfy your inner urbanite at downtown Long Beach’s vibrant waterfront scene. From eclectic neighborhoods to sandy beaches, you’ll find Long Beach to be an urban waterfront playground. Long Beach community offers an array of outdoor activities, new state of the art aquarium, well know Grand Prix races, art/theater and wonderful and diverse cuisine and restaurant options. Community offers wonderful housing communities, convenient airport and excellent school districts.
We offer a competitive base salary and rich benefit package including medical malpractice coverage and tail policy, generous Paid Time Off (PTO) and holidays, CME time and dollars, medical, dental and vision benefits, company paid life insurance, bonus potential and Partnership Track plan.
We’re changing health care for the better by improving access to affordable, high quality care, and working together to improve the patient experience. That takes passion, commitment, intense focus and the ability to contribute effectively in a highly collaborative team environment. All this together is your time to do your life’s best work. SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Optum and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Optum and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.