Services shall be performed in an ambulatory setting, providing services to at the following West Texas VA Health Care System, Primary Care Clinic at West Texas Veterans Health Care System (WTVAHCS). Locations include: Abilene, Odessa and San Angelo, TX
Hours: Services shall be provided 40 hours per week during regular working hours with the exception of 10 Federal holidays. Regular working hours are from 8 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. with a 30-minute lunch break. In the event that overtime hours are required prior approval must be received by the WTVAHCS supervision physician.
- BC/BE in Internal Medicine or Family Practice.
- Shall possess unrestricted license to practice medicine in a state or territory of the United States of America or the District of Columbia.
- Shall be certified in Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Possess current NPI#
- Possess current DEA registration
- Shall be able to utilize electronic record systems, including keyboarding and have pervious VA experience.
- Shall possess basic proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Shall be mentally and physically able to fulfill responsibilities of the work to be performed.
- Shall be credentialed and privileged by WTVAHCS prior to performing services under this contract.
- Provider qualifications are subject to review by the VA Chief of Staff and to approval by the VA Facility Director.
- The physician must provide proof that he/she has had a two-step tuberculosis skin test, testing is up-to-date, and documentation must be received the day of employment. If the physician has had a negative test within the past 12 months, a single step test will be done and again documentation needs to be provided prior to starting employment.
- Ability to complete favorable credentialing and background check
This position is to support the direct patient care needs at the WTVAHCS, located at designated Community Base Outpatient Clinics in Abilene, Odessa and San Angelo, Texas. Work will commence immediately upon completion of orientation. The physician will be required to work cooperatively with other physicians, advanced practice nurses, physician assistants, registered nurses, and a variety of allied health professionals to deliver comprehensive health care services to civilian, military patients including women Veterans. Services may be provided face to face or through tele-health. The medical center utilizes a computerized medical record system. The physician must be familiar with personal computers, have adequate typing skills to perform data entry (progress notes and physician orders), and be able to navigate through Windows-based computer programs. Training on the computerized system will be provided by the medical center.
SERVICES: Services provided under this contract shall be performed in an ambulatory care setting at the designated WTVAHCS CBOC Facility.
Provider shall serve as Staff Provider throughout the period of the contract and shall be under the direction of the Associate Chief of Staff (ACOS), Ambulatory Care Service, or designee. The provider shall function as a full team member of the interdisciplinary team serving patients at the designated CBOC.
Provider shall see patients for general medicine problems including performing the history and physical exam, making electronic progress notes, scheduling return visits, writing orders for lab and x-ray, prescribing medications, etc. Functioning as a primary care provider, the provider shall request, as indicated, consultations from specialists and subspecialists on the WTVAHCS staff.